"Watch yourself," Kia snapped.

"Damon, I'm afraid you've run out of time," this time it was the same man with the Mohawk. His expression looked apologetic but it wasn't sincere.

"Give me one more week, I'll find a witch for her!" Damon's voice was almost pleading now," father, please, let me do this."

"It's out of our hands now Damon," this time it was the Queen who had been oddly quiet. A sheer look of disappointment laced her gaze at her son," I'm afraid if you do not submit to the Council now, we may all have to pay."

Within a flash or a millisecond, someone stood behind me, their snout flicking lightly against the nape of my skin. I jumped up and gasped out loud. The person held both my hands held in a tight grip behind my back and resumed with sniffing the edge of my hairline from the back of my head. I felt my heart thunder loudly against my chest and looked up to see an enraged Damon. I looked back at the members of the Council who were watching the person behind me and realized the sixth person was gone. It was the only person who had yet to speak and he was behind me. He was tall enough to hover above me and intimidatingly built.

"Let go of her," Damon spoke through gritted teeth. When the man ignored Damon, he took a couple of steps towards us and barked out," Aboot, I said let go of her.....now!"

Instead, he gripped my hands even harder, sending a painful jolt up my arm. I groaned out loud and tried to stifle my terrifying fear.

"Aboot, let go of her," the man with the Mohawk interjected," guards, take her."

Two guards that stood being the Council, both bearing scales for skin and the same oval pupils began to approach.

Damon stood in front of the guards, blocking their path," No," he demanded," you can't take her, I just need a couple more days!"

"Damon, get out of their way," the Queens soft and concerned voice held an odd tint of sorrow," now."

The guards pushed Damon out of the way.

I felt Aboot's fangs extend against my skin and lightly poke against the surface. He held a pale hand out towards the approaching guards. He muttered the words gently against my skin," Kia, come take a look at this."

He stepped back and I felt myself exhale. My heart thudded even I'm more loudly this time and I saw Kia take quick steps my way.

She walked past an angry Damon and sent him a slick smile," awfully protective of the human aren't we."

Damon ignored her but kept his eyes locked on her every moment as she approached me and held my hands in hers. She smiled and said," you won't feel a thing."

Confused, I looked back at her and as the seconds flew by, I felt myself being entrapped in the gaze of her eyes. We locked eyes for what felt like a couple of minutes and I couldn't seem to look away no matter how much I tried. It was the same thing that Luna and Asia had done to me when they declared me of bearing the Mark of Eros.

Kia suddenly blinked and I was freed of her gaze. Without turning back to face neither the Council nor the King and Queen, she said," Isn't it funny how much your sons love us witches?" She sent a malicious grin my way. She turned to face a confused Damon," she isn't a foreigner, she's the daughter of a witch."

"What," I let my first words out at the comment," what are you talking about-"

"She bears the Mark of Ero's," she continued," you won't find a witch in her right mind that would perform the Ritual of Obliteration, myself included," she looked towards her co-Council," sorry Vesto.

"You're lying," Damon exclaimed," that can't be true!"

"How else would be bear a mark of the Underworld Damon, use your head."