Chapter 1

Chapter 1-

"Yeah yeah yeah!" I called to my mom. "I'm finished just let me change!" This woman! This better pay off. I was in a pissy mood because I was awakened at 12. I had just finished packing for the cruise without getting dressed. Oddly, I did my hair and brushed my teeth. How do I forget to change?! Whatever. I wasn't in the mood. I found my 'Hakuna Matata' crop top from fresh tops and white shorts and put it on. I walked downstairs with a black jansport backpack, and highlighter green suitcase and duffelbag. I was all ready and set.

We got all of our stuff in the trunk including my three bags, my ten year old brother, Mason, my mom and my dads luggage.

We first went to Starbucks to grab some breakfast and then we headed to the Port of Miami to board the boat. On the highway, my mom constantly said

"Okay everyone! This is a family vacation so there will be very little running off. We will do everything together." Then she leaned down to get something near her legs. Oh god I thought. Please don't tell me they're "MATCHING T-SHIRTS" my mom yelled giving one to dad Mason and I interrupting my thoughts. <The Hovi's Family Vacation> it read. Oh god. I'm going to look like a doof. God help me.

I could tell my dad saw my face so he put on music loudly, signaling he was going to talk to mom. For the rest of the ride my parents argued back ad fourth leaving Mason and I to listen to music and look out the window.

When we finally parked the car and paid the parking ticket my parents stopped fighting. As I walked to throw out my cup from starbucks an amazingly cute guy was there with a less cute guy waiting for their families I assumed. I avoided eye contact for now until I saw them on the ship. Meanwhile I saw them checking me out and a blush crept its way onto my face. Hoping they didn't see that I jogged as fast as I could giving up my duffel bag and suitcase to the valet.

We walked into the busy terminal."Told you Robert! We should've left earlier!" My mother still managing to yell. Mom and Mason decided to walk in front leaving dad and I to talk. "I talked to your mom girly. We agreed to make this trip a do whatever you want trip. So you don't have to wear the shirts or spent time with family the whole cruise. You just have to be back before seven a.m. Every morning and tell us what your doing just to be safe. And you have to at least get off the ship with us twice." He gave me this whole talk. Frankly it made the time go by faster so I didn't mind.

By the time dad stopped talking we were about to get on the ship when the cute guy walked up to me. "Hey gorgeous. Aren't you lucky to be on the same ship as me." I rolled my eyes. [Play hard to get ] I told myself. And so I did.

"Bye." I said to him and I walked away. I looked at my papers to see what room I was in. Floor Five room 72. My family went up to the lido deck to eat while I got into the elevators with him following me. He went ahead and click floor five. I got a bit frightened. [Is he-] my thoughts were interrupted by the ding of the elevator signaling that we were here. I looked both ways before heading to the left looking for the M-72 sign.

"Why are you following me?" I asked him wit an attitude. "I live in M-74" he said as I came up to my room. Oh no.

I pulled out my card swiped it fast and ran into my room locking the door behind me. I put down my backpack and rushed to the window. Thank god I had one. I couldn't believe the cute guy had a crush on me and he was living next to me. Ahh !! Okay stay calm. I just had to play hard to get.

After I calmed down I fixed my hair with water, took my key and phone and left. He was still there waiting for me on the other side of his door. He was walking up to me just as a ding ding occurred. That ment the captain was going to speak. "Good afternoon everyone I'm your cruise director Skip." Began a guy with an Australian accent. "-and welcome on board the Carnival Imagination." So that's what the ship is called. "-the Lido deck is opened with 5 buffets of food so whenever you're hungry head up to deck 10. Pretty soon we will have our muster station drill so keep listening and enjoy your home for three weeks."