Part -20

Her conscience exploded into million pieces as his lips crushed against hers. The walls seemed to cave in towards her as he cradled her face.His wet lips played havoc with hers then pressed down more firmly. He sucked on her lower lip passionately , slightly biting it making her moan . This was the moment she forgot everything around her. She responded with equal passion and gave him the access to deepen the kiss by sliding his tongue. They pulled out after a few minutes to catch their uneven breath.

Sanyukta huffed to gather all her senses to normal position . She was blushing hard and her cheeks had turned Crimson red . She was looking everywhere but him ,till she heard him say--
"I won't regret it ,even if you punish me for a decade for this" -  he said  breaking the awkward silence to which they both chuckled.

He looked deep into her hazel eyes which were speaking volumes by now.
His hands reached up and released the hair clip which was holding her hair . She heard a ' thud ' as it hit the floor.
"I wanted to do that since so long. You look beautiful when you leave it open".- she blushed more and looked down.

He pulled her chin up , making her look deep into his eyes  and said-
"I really don't know what I feel for you , Sanyukta .You just drive me crazy all the time, but Whenever your not around I crave to be with you. I feel so light when your around . I feel myself . I feel alive". I know you have a bitter past Sanyukta , and its not easy for you trust someone so easily - But I Seriously want you to give us a chance."

"I don't want to force anything on you Sanyukta . I just want a simple 'yes or no'. And if your answer is a no - I promise you'll never get to see my face aga--", she didn't let him complete as she smashed her lips on him this time into a mind numbing kiss.. They parted due lack of breath.

"YES...", she didn't need to think twice.

They both smiled

"Have dinner with me this weekend. I want to take you out. I want to keep seeing you".

She didn't answer as she was lost in his jet black orbs.They again got involved in an intense eye-lock.

"Ummmm .... I ....I 'd better go", she said coming out of the trance.

"Probably a good idea ", he said raking his fingers through his hair.
"I don't trust you to keep your hand off me".

It was intended to be a joke but Sanyukta did not laugh. She fumbled to open the door , then almost ran along the landing towards the stairs, reminded of Cinderella as she climbed down them.That stroke of midnight - coach turning into pumpkin would probably be analysed as fear of what might have happened in an adult version of fairy-tale if she had stayed dancing with the prince for too long.

"Sanyukta ....", she heard him call her name which never sounded so beautiful.
She looked up from the bottom of the stairs. He was leaning over the railing holding out her hair-clip. "You were forgetting this".

She was mesmerised by his boyish eyes which were terrified of rejection.
"Don't worry about it", she replied with more boldness than she felt." I'll pick it up next time. Look after it for me".
And she let herself quickly out of his house dragging the heavy door shut behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mummy is not home yet.. Do you think she went on a date???",Rimi asked her nanny.

"Date????, what ???? Where did you get that from??", asked Ishika a little surprised by the little girl's query.

"I've seen it on T.V , when people go on a date they come back late, only to be scolded by their parents", Rimi replied.

" Oh come on Rimi, she said she was going to a party tonight . Parties end up late in the night. She hadn't told me anything about going on a date. And you stop watching those silly daily soaps and better watch some cartoons", Ishika smiled assuringly to which Rimi nodded..

"By the way ???", Ishika continued ,
"Have you ever wondered ..What would it be like to have a dad ??", Ishika asked cautiously.

The little girl shrugged, " Lots of people don't have dads. Some people don't even have mums"

"But don't you like to have both???"...

"I don't know ... ", she shrugged and said, " Can I have some ice-cream now?? My tummy is grumbling and I wouldn't be able to sleep".....

**************************************************************************
Hey guys ,
Thank you for all the love and appreciation. I'm really honoured and touched by your comments. Keep voting and do keep commenting . That's what I need from you guys for all the efforts I put in. It keeps me going.

About this update ,
Its the first time I wrote something like this.. It was quite difficult for me to express something like this. But I tried.. Sorry for the mistakes :-p.

Thank you once again.
Happy Reading.