Chapter 21

I did better in training then I thought I would. I did good with the punching bags, hand to hand combat that I did with Alexis, and shooting. I got bullseye on every target when I shot. I was a natural, Alexis had told me. I was going to practice everyday so I can continue to have my amazing strength.

I walked out of the training room and I started to walk back to my room. My knuckles were numb and my knees felt weak. I got into the elevator. It opened and Katie was there.

"Hey." Katie said.

"Hi."

"Were you visiting Alexis?" She asked.

"No, I was training with her." I said.

"Oh. I forgot about that."

"You forgot what?" I asked. The doors opened and we walked out.

"I got to go. I have a... um meeting. Yeah. I'll see you later." Katie walked into the glass office. I had no idea what she was talking about but, I didn't really care at the moment. I walked to my room and opened the door. Gus was sitting on the sofa in my living room.

He was just sitting there looking at his hands. He looked stressed. He looked up at me and patted the couch for me to sit down. He didn't say a word. I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Evan got out." This is what Kara was talking about. Evan is starting a war.

"What is he going to do?" I asked.

"He's working with a group of people that is against this facility and doesn't believe we should live because of our powers. They are trying to take us down and with Evans help, they probably will." Gus put his head back in his hands.

"Don't say that." I said. I put my hand on his shoulder. Gus and I just sat there. I was staring at him, head in hands, and my hand on his shoulder. He was stressed and I needed to help him in anyway I could.

"Gus. You have been training. A lot of people have been training. We will fight and we will be victorious." Gus looked up at me. His hands still by his face so he can put his head back at any time. I'm not letting him be like this.

"Did you train?" Gus asked.

"Yes. Gus, I did great and I'm sure everyone else is doing great too. Even you." I put my hand on his cheek. He sat upright and looked into my eyes.

"I don't want to loose you." I leaned in until I was inches away from his lips.

"You won't." Gus put his hand on my neck and pulled me into a kiss. It lasted a while. When we pulled away, I got a text. It was from a number I've never seen before.

It said, "Someone is here for you." I had no idea who it was.

"Gus." I said. Holding my phone in my hand, reading the number over and over trying to figure out who it is.

"What is it." Gus pulled the phone from my hand and looked at the number. "Oh."

"What?" I asked.

"It's the men in the black suits." The men who brought me here. "Your first person to train is here."

This was my chance to know how Gus feels with his job. "Okay. I'll be back in a few."

I gave Gus a quick kiss and walked out the door. I walked down the hall and to the front entrance. I saw the men and the person they brought. I knew that blonde hair from anywhere. I could see those blue eyes from miles. His voice gave me goosebumps. This could not be happening.

"Annabel!" Jackson yelled to me. I was still walking toward him. The men let him out from in between them and he ran toward me. He pulled me into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me, but I kept mine by my side.

On the inside I was freaking out. I love Gus now. I thought the feelings for Jackson went away, but his arms around me felt so warm. I couldn't love him anymore. I have to tell him.

"I missed you. I couldn't stop thinking about you." Jackson was so sweet. I couldn't tell him. I have to tell Gus. I have to tell them.

"Yeah. Me too." I couldn't make my voice sound excited. I couldn't tell him the truth. Not now. "Let me show you around."

I led Jackson down the hall. It was the same hallway I used to live in. I told him where the store was, what was on the second floor, and the lounge on the third floor. After I told him about everything, we went to his room.

"You can decorate your room anyway you want. You can find decor in the store." Jackson nodded and sat on the bed. I sat next to him. I felt really uncomfortable. I need to tell him. Jackson put his arm around me. I don't want to break his heart. Not right now. He started to lean in. I stopped him.

"Is something wrong?" Jackson asked. I got up from the bed.

"Yes." I have to tell him the truth. "Something is wrong."

"What is it?"

"I found someone else. He's an old friend that I still had feelings for." I felt horrible. I felt as if I hurt Jackson.

"Okay." He got up and stood in front of me. I thought he was going to kiss me. He was close to me.

"So what now?" I asked.

"How do you feel about me and how do you feel about him?" I moved away from Jackson. I can't stand that close to him.

"I don't know." Jackson was taking this so well, while I was slowly breaking down.

"You think about it and I will be right here." Jackson said. "Who is it?"

"It's Gus." Jackson was so sweet. The choice is going to be hard.

"Oh. That old friend." He asked.

"Yes." Jackson walked up to me and hugged me.

"You think about what you are going to do and I will be here." I nodded and walked toward the door. I waved and walked out. Now I have to tell Gus. I walked back to my room. Maybe he will still be there. I hope he will be supportive.