Chapter 8

"Annabel?" I heard a voice in the dark room I was in.

"Who... Who's talking?" I asked.

"It's me." It sounded like Jackson. I walked in the direction the voice came from. The room started getting light, as if someone was slowly turning on a light.

I could see his face now. It was Jackson. He was only a few feet from me.

"Jackson!" I yelled as I ran toward him. He opened his arms and I ran into them. "I missed you." My voice muffled in his shirt. His chin rested on my head.

"Why did you leave me?" He said. I pulled out of his grip.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you leave me? Is it over?" A tear ran down my face. His face stern, although he looked upset.

"Jackson, I didn't want to." I started crying.

"Why Annabel?" He started slowly backing away from me. I started walking toward him, slowly. He kept walking and I kept following. Then, he turned around and ran.

"Jackson! Wait!" I yelled. I ran after him. Of course he was faster. He is a football player. "Jackson!"

I couldn't see him. The room slowly got darker. I stopped running and fell on my floor. The floor was cold and hard.

"Jackson." I said through tears. I was now on the floor crying through my hands.

"Annabel?" I heard something. It sounded close. I opened my eyes to look. It was still dark.

"Jackson?" I asked the darkness.

"Annabel, get up off the floor." I felt a hand on my arm.

I screamed really loud. It wasn't Jackson. I could tell by the hand.

"Get off of me!" I yelled. I screamed again.

"Annabel! Wake up!"

My eyes opened quickly. Sweat running down my face. I was on the floor of my room. Gus was right in front of me.

"No." I said. I got up from the floor. "Why?"

I started pacing my room.

"Annabel? What's wrong? Your acting crazy." Gus said as he watched me pace. He started walking toward me. He put his arms around me and pulled me into a friendly hug. It reminded me to much of Jackson.

"Get off of me!" I yelled and pushed him away.

"Annabel! What's going on with you?" Gus was really worried. I didn't want him to be. I wanted to be left alone.

"Go away!" I screamed. My vision started to darken. Yes Annabel, fall back into your dream. My knees buckled and I fell. My vision went completely black and I felt Gus catch me.