(37)

---Firkle's pov---

I stare at him for a second before squinting at him.

"Ike?"

He turns his head, his hair falling in front of his eyes.

"What are you doing out so late at night?" I ask grabbing his hand as he helps me up off the ground.

He shrugs, "I couldn't sleep, and then I decided to take a walk- do I smell spray paint?"

I feel my face heat up a little bit, "What are you doing out in the middle of the night?" He asks.

I scratch the back of my neck, "I... Couldn't sleep either."

Ike laughs a little, "Well, that's a coincidence."

I nod, and push my hair out of my eyes, "Yeah. I guess."

"Would you like to walk with me?" He asks, smiling at me. A small light of hope in his eyes.

I feel a blush creep into my face, "Uh... Sure. Only because I have nothing better to do, though."

He smiles even wider at me, "Great!"

I feel a small smile grace my features, but I fight it back to my neutral facial expression.

We walk in silence for a while, just around the town.

"So... Why do you take these walks?" I ask.

"To think."

"Oh, that's cool, I guess," I say kicking a rock on the ground.

Ike shrugs, "I guess." We continue in silence again.

Ike finally breaks the silence, "It would be easier if you stayed at my house for the night; Since we're closer and all..."