(30)

---Firkle's pov---

We put on our jackets and we walk out of the house.

We start to walk down the street, "So, uh, where are you parents?"

I shrug, "I don't know. Probably at work," I say looking at the house closest to me.

"Oh," Ike replies.

I think I made this awkward. Or he thinks I'm weird. Great.

"So, how's your girlfriend?" I ask turning to look at him, "Karen?"

He looks slightly stunned by the question, as if it were unexpected, "Well, she's good. We haven't talked since that project thing."

"Oh," I suddenly remember last night, "She was looking for you last night. I saw her at your house before I went back to mine," I say.

He nods, "You should probably go talk to her. She was pretty worried about you," I tell him.

He nodded, "Okay... Maybe I did see her the night before that...." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask stopping in place and turning to look at him.

"Well," he starts, "Remember that night where we kissed?" I blush and nod at the memory, "I went to see Karen that night, to tell her I couldn't be with her anymore... but she beat me to it. She told me she knew I didn't like her like that, that I like y- someone else and she said we should break up. She was upset about it and I went on a walk to think about what she said, but then it started down pouring snow, and you know the rest..."

I stare at him.