(31)

---Firkle's pov---

"Oh," I say.

What else could I say? What does one say to something like that? I stared at Ike as he avoided my stare.

I reach over and pat his shoulder, his eyes dart to mine, "It's going to be okay. I... Uh... Well, I don't know what it's like to have someone break up with you, but I know that you can always find someone who is better than that other person. A person who loves you more than that person who broke up with you could. You just might not be noticing them."

We stood in silence for a minute. I don't remove my hand from his shoulder, or break eye contact.

"A person who loves you more than that person who broke up with you could. You just might not be noticing them."

I thought about my words, and realized that they could easily be applied to me. I'm the idiot that loves him, but will never be noticed.

Then, we'll become close friends and he'll end up getting another girlfriend, who he eventually decides to get married to and he asks me to be the best man and I couldn't say no-

"Firkle? Are you okay?" I feel Ike's hand on my face and turned me towards him.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, pulling me closer to him into a hug.

"I'm okay... I'm just having a moment," I say pushing away from him.