(16)

---Ike's pov---

I went over to Karen's house right after I was forced to leave Firkle. I hope he got home okay...

"Ike... You okay?" I hear Karen ask, as she places her hand on my arm.

"Uh... yeah. I'm just thinking about something," I tell her, giving her a smile.

She looks worried still, but smiles and nods, "Okay, so what do you want to do for this presentation?"

"I don't know," I say. I haven't thought about this project at all. What is it even about again?

Karen sighs, "Ike, you seem to have a lot on your mind... Why don't you go home? I don't want you to get stressed out," she smiles at me again.

I smile and give her a hug, "Thank you so much, Karen. I'm sorry about this."

"Nah, it's okay. If you need anything, I'm here," she says releasing her grip.

I jump up and wave 'bye' and I walk out of her old, torn-up house.

Once I leave I decide to go find Firkle.

---Firkle's pov---

I didn't feel like heading home. I never do. Since no one cares, I went to my favorite spot in this shitty town.

I sat down at the tree in the middle of the woods. I marked the tree with a black 'X' a year ago, and it still there.

I sigh and lean my head against the tree and brought my knees to my chest.