ONE || Daydream

I laughed listening to Maya talk about how Shawn is going to persuade her mom to get her an actual pet for her birthday.

"Do you seriously think she's going to agree?" We stopped at the doorway of our History Class where my dad was teaching.

Maya tapped her nose. "Don't you worry, me and Shawn have got it covered." She walked in and bounced to her seat and I followed her into the classroom shaking my head, smiling.

I took my usual seat in front of Maya and everyone else came into the classroom. Lucas walked in and I sat up straight biting my lip. He came past me and gave me one of his signature smiles, which for sure was enough to make any girl swoon, and I smiled back.

Soon enough my dad came in and started the History lesson. Something about Germany or whatever but I soon dozed off into another one of my daily day dreams about Lucas as I sighed placing my chin on my hand.

I walked around jumping with joy at the sight of unicorns and fairies darting around. It was happy land indeed as I skipped along the candy lane which was dotted with every candy imaginable.

"Riley." I looked up hearing Lucas' voice as I started squinting against the sunlight to see where he was.

"Riley." I heard his voice again. I ran forwards, trying to get to Lucas who was calling my name.

I came to the end of the path and looked ahead of me. In front of me stood a large forest which looked uninviting with the tall dark trees crowding around, blocking the sunlight and making everything dark, making it seem more sinister.

"Lucas?" I called out hesitating to go into the forest as a shiver ran down my spine. Suddenly all the happiness drained out of me as I stared into the creepy forest in front of me.

"Riley? Riley come here." I heard his voice again as I bit my lip.

"Wait I'm coming Lucas," I said as I hesitantly took a step forward.

Okay Riley you've got this, take a deep breath in and relax. I told myself.

I took a deep breath in and walked a couple of more steps forward as I felt a cool breeze pick up when I walked into the forest. I then broke into a jog feeling my heart beat a little faster as I tried to get to wherever Lucas was, ignoring the thoughts creeping into my head.

I heard some twigs crack behind me and my breathing increased as I ran even faster through the woods. I let out a gasp when I tripped over a tree branch on the ground and I grunted in pain when my body came in contact with the cool muddy forest floor.

"Hey Riley." I froze when I heard Lucas' voice behind me. I turned around and saw him smiling down at me as I breathed in a sigh of relief.

"Hi Lucas I was looking for you," I said as he crouched down in front of me.

"Me too." He replied back smiling and I smiled back.

His face suddenly started turning green as my eyes widened in horror at the sight. His face had a couple of warts and he looked gruesome if that was even possible. He looked like a ogre as I let out a small shriek shuffling backwards a bit.

"Give me a kiss Riley," Lucas smirked leaning forwards as I tried to back away from him.

"No," I whispered feeling a bit dazed at him. Am I rejecting Lucas or the ogre-turned Lucas? I'll go with the second one.

"Come on Riley, I know you want to kiss me." Lucas came forwards and I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the smell that was coming from him. He kept coming closer and closer with his lips puckered and his eyes closed as I looked at him in horror as I stood there frozen.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" I yelled.

End of daydream.

"Riley? RILEY!" I can hear my father calling my name as I blinked realising I was in my classroom.

I looked at my father who stood there with his chalk in the air looking at me in surprise.

"So, Riley. You don't think Hitler was evil?" He said in confusion as he looked at me.

"Erm... That's right." I said and I heard everyone gasp as I licked my lips nervously.

"Want to tell us why Hitler wasn't evil?" My dad stared at me as I tried to come up with something.

I cleared my throat.

"Um Hitler was vegetarian. And we all know how cows' bottoms cause major greenhouse gases. So he was...an environmentalist. An Eco-warrior, you might say." I finished wincing at my weak attempt at an explanation.

"Well." My dad back at the board. "He was a vegetarian." He looked at me again and shook his head and carried on teaching.

Maya tapped me on the back as I turned around. "The forest dream again?"

"Mm-hm." I replied sighing.

"Now everyone thinks you like Hitler." Maya let out a laugh as I looked at Farkle who smiled at me sheepishly, Smackle was looking at me with her eyebrows raised and a couple of people were glaring at me.

I turned back around and closed my eyes and put my head down on my book in embarrassment, waiting for the lesson to be over.

---

A/N : I'm so happy to be writing a riarkle fanfiction! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and I can't wait for you to enjoy the many more chapters this book will bring. Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you for reading. Xo