"Uѕ" Tιмe

Teddy

Ringa Ringa Ling Ling~ ♫♪

Off goes my phone. I grab it off my nightstand while I zipped up my jeans, "What's up?"

"Yo! You ready? I'm outside." Zane chuckles from the other line.

"Nigga, really? You could just knock." I laugh grabbing my keys.
I open up my door and she smiles hanging up her phone as I did the same.

"Awe, look at you." She laughs giving me some dap.

"Aye, I try..." I laugh locking up my dorm.

"Where's your girl?" Zane asks eyeing our empty dorm before I locked it.

"Mm... she left, said she was going out with some friends." I finish locking up and turn her way, "I did cancel our plans and everything for this. So, I ain't question it or nothing."

"Nice, finally some "Us" time. It's been a good min since we last chilled." She declares throwing her arm around my shoulder.

We reach my car and I unlock it as we climb in, "So, where we headin'?" Zane asks immediately after I pull out of the parking lot.

"Aye, that's for me to know only. You'll see though..." I smirk as she groans, "I wanna know bro! No fair."

I laugh, "It's something like that."

She furrows her eyebrows at me in confusion causing me to laugh even more. "Whatever, man." She huffs sulking deeper in her chair. I turn up the music on my AUX cord.

"Cheer up, bro. You gone see, forreal." I nudge her in her arm while paying attention to the road.

"Whatever." She says again as she grabs my phone off my lap. Browsing through my playlist she plays the song "SKRT" by Kodak Black.

2 minutes later...

"Bitch, I'm done with you!" We sing along, clearly hyped as I pull up into the state fair. Zane's face instantly lighting up like a kid in a candy store.

"No way, really?!" She exclaims practically jumping out of the car as I got out laughing. I locked up the car with a loud beep as I caught up with Zane who was heading towards the entrance in awe. She was just like a 5 year old coming to a fair for the first time. But, then again I understand why she was excited.

Back in high school her family wouldn't ever let her out the house. Me and all her friends would always go to the fair countless times. But, she wasn't ever allowed. So, this was actually her first time at a fair. She's always wanted to go to one, so I picked it as the best place to spend time together for this day.

"Yo, look at that!" She shouts pointing out the tallest Big Shot ride. My stomach instantly turned at the sight of it. I always avoided that ride when I'd be at the fair.

"I wanna ride that first!" She shouts over to me almost taking off towards it. I pulled her back by her shirt, "Hollon, midget. I needa buy our wristbands first."

"Oh..." She pouts trailing behind me as I walk up to the ticket booth.

"Slide the money through the hole at the bottom of the glass." Speaks the woman instantly from the other side of the glass. My face scrunched up at her demands but I went ahead and did it anyways.

"Thank you for your purchase. Two wristbands?"

"Right..." I say slowly. She slides two large tickets through the hole, "Proceed onwards to the security guards. They will scan you for weapons, check your tickets, and hand you your wristbands." She continued somewhat robotically as we both nodded at her, "Thanks." I say taking both the tickets and handing Zane one.