Time Passed

Years Later

Many things have changed in Vanya's life. Her sister, Celebrian, crossed into the Undying Land because when she was recovered by her two sons and returned to Rivendell, she was no longer the same. Vanya wasn't happy for a couple of days after that happened. She lost her best friend, the one who could always give her advice on something. But beside that, Vanya also changed by appearance and character. She is all grown up and has become a young lady. She is more beautiful than when she was a child. Her blonde hair has become long and bright. Vanya is also kind to everyone around her, by showing her kindness and care to everyone. Vanya has truly become a wonderful elf leader.

Haldir, on the other hand, has also changed from when he was a young elf boy

Haldir, on the other hand, has also changed from when he was a young elf boy. He is much taller than when he was a boy and he has become more muscular. His eyes have become more bright and pure in color. His experience of a soldier has grown, and his is one of the best elf fighters that Lothlorien has. But even though years have passed, the two of them have still not encountered one another. Sure they have heard news about each other, but they have never come in contact.

***

***

Haldir was walking on one of the forest paths with his brothers, when a guard walked up to him. The guard told Haldir that he was suppose to meet the lord and lady of Lothlorien after his shift. Then the guard walked back the way he came, leaving Haldir and his brothers to continue their post. Throughout his shift, Haldir wondered why the lord and lady of Lothlorien wanted to see him. It had his attention non-stop to where he could think of nothing else but that.

After his shift, Haldir immediately reported to the throne room of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel of Lothlorien. When he entered the room, he saw Celeborn and Galadriel sitting side by side in their throne room chairs. He walked toward and stopped in front of the steps, then took a bow.

"Hir vuin (my lord) and hiril vuin (my lady), you sent for me." said Haldir.

"No (yes) Haldir, we would like you to do a very important job for us." replied Celeborn.

"What job might that be, hir vuin (my lord)?" asked Haldir.

"We would like you to accompany our daughter to Rivendell as her guard." explained Galadriel.

Haldir instantly became quiet. He had not seen Vanya in a long time and now he was to be assigned to her as a guard. He didn't want to make Celeborn or Galadriel question him, so he got rid of his shocked face.

"Is that all my hir vuin (my lord) and hiril vuin (my lady)?"

"One of the guard who will be coming with you will fill you in with some details." added Galadriel.

"But no, that is all." said Celeborn.

Haldir bowed once more to Celeborn and Galadriel before he left the room. While he walked to the armory, Haldir thought about his mission. He was kind of worried, but excited at the same time. He had not seen Vanya in a while, so he was so worried that it might be awkward between them. Haldir even wondered what she looked like these days. After all, the last time he saw her, she was just a little girl elf.

While he was putting his armor back on and equipping himself with weapons, his brothers walked over to him.

"So what did they want, Haldir?" asked Rumil.

Haldir looked up at his brothers and replied with, "They want me to go to Rivendell and protect Vanya."

His brothers were kind of shocked. They knew about Haldir and Vanya. How they were best friends when they were little, but they definitely knew how Haldir "use to" like her.