Chapter Fifteen- Like a Fairytale

Hey guys, so I know it's taken me a while to update, and this chapter is really small, but I think a cute chapter was needed before the shit hits the fan... So yeah, I hope you enjoy it, and I promise the next chapter will be so much better! Thank you for your ongoing support - Hannah :)

---------------------------------------

Dylan's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

Slowly running my fingertips over Phoenix's arm, I leant my head on her shoulder, sighing contently, happy to just be here with this girl. Opening my eyes, I looked up at her, smiling at her when she smiled down at me. That gorgeous smile of hers spreading across her beautiful face, lighting it up as it made it's way to her soft brown eyes, leaving it's mark there, making them sparkle, as she looked softly down upon me.

"You okay?" She asked, her voice just as gentle and kind as her eyes, with her words she tucked my hair behind my ear, her hand resting on my cheek as she run her thumb gently over the skin there. I closed my eyes once more and smiled to myself, loving how close we were right now, and how natural it felt, part of me still couldn't believe it was true.

Was I okay? I was more then okay, right now, I felt amazing, I couldn't possibly feel any better, "I'm more then okay." I whispered, placing my hand over the hand she had on my cheek, slowly entwining our fingers, before pulling our joint hands into my lap, smiling widely at how right it felt for my hand to be in hers.

It had been a long while since I had actually been able to say that, let alone mean it. I hadn't been okay. Not for the longest time had I been okay, I had been sad, alone and depressed.

Phoenix's laugh just made my smile grow even wider, there was no better sound then her laugh, it made me fall harder for her, "Well I'm glad, but we do need to talk about what were going to do."

I knew she was right, we still had a lot to talk about, it was one thing to agree to try and be a couple, but we still had to try and figure out how exactly we were supposed to make this relationship work. Our relationship couldn't be normal, at least not for now, we wouldn't be able to go on dates, or spend time too much time together in public at all. It was risky, very risky, us being together, but we both knew it was worth it, whatever we have makes it worth it.

Sitting up, I kept hold of her hand as I turned to face her so that we could talk. "Don't look so nervous." She told me, her accent sounding strong, as she gave me a wink, making me shake my head at her.

"How could I not be nervous? We're about to discuss how we're gonna keep this," I said pointing between her and I, to signal that what I meant by this was us, me and her, "a secret and make sure no one ever finds out."

Sighing, she gave my hand a little squeeze, "I know that this really isn't going to be easy, and maybe we're crazy for even trying this-"

"There's no maybe about it." I muttered, cutting her off, making her chuckle slightly as I rolled my eyes, a small hint of a smile playing on my lips. I wasn't kidding with my statement, there was no maybe about it. We were completely crazy for even thinking about attempting this, let alone actually attempting it.

"Okay, then we're completely crazy, but I can't say I'm going to regret it." Phoenix said, and I could clearly hear the honesty in her voice, and hearing it made me feel a lot calmer, and also managed to give me the butterflies that seemed to be associated with her, and her alone.

"I can't either but this is so risky," I told her, feeling the atmosphere in the room suddenly shift to something that wasn't half as comfortable as it had been, "you could lose your job Phoenix."

Silence fell the between the two of us as my words sunk in, both of us finally understanding just how serious this situation was. It wasn't as simple as just keeping a relationship hidden, acting like we were just friends, because we couldn't even do that, we had to keep our distance from each other at all times, we had to be careful spending time together at our school, and even outside of it.

"I've thought about it all Dylan." Phoenix finally broke the silence, her voice barely above a whisper, as she stood up from the sofa and walked over to where her guitar was, resting her hand on the top of it as she looked away from me. "It's all I've thought about since our kiss in my classroom."

I let out a short, sarcastic laugh as I thought about that kiss and her attitude towards me afterwards, it definitely hadn't shown any sign of her thinking about wanting to be with me and risking her job to do so.

Phoenix frowned at me, obviously unimpressed with my actions, even though she had little right to be, it was she who had treated me poorly and acted like I wasn't worth her time. She had even gone as far as to tell me she didn't think I was worth it, so how could she stand there now and tell me that the idea of being with me had been all she had thought about.

"Dylan I know I didn't act like-"

"You acted awful towards me Phoenix." I said, cutting her off once more, feeling like she deserved to hear exactly how she had made me me feel by treating me the way she had. "Not only did you lead me on with the kiss and your actions, but then you would immediately shut me down, and to top it all off," I stood up, as I felt my anger start to build thinking back to everything that had happened, "I told you exactly how I felt and how I was willing to risk everything for you, and yet you so easily told me that you didn't think I was worth it. So don't you dare stand there and tell me that being with me is all you've thought about, because you have no right to do so."

My words and sudden anger were enough to silence her, but not enough to stop her from walking over to me and gently cupping my cheek, her touch so soft and caring it instantly made my anger fade. The effect she had on me was crazy, and I wasn't sure if I loved or hated it.

"I'm sorry Dylan."

"Saying sorry doesn't make it okay Phoenix, you can't just expect to treat me however you want to and then say sorry for it and it'll all be okay because it doesn't work like that."

"I know Dylan but-"

"Do you? Because I don't think you do. I think you know that I'm stuck on you and that no matter how badly you treat me or how you act towards me, I'm still going to want to be with you. And the worst thing is, that, that, is actually true, but that doesn't mean you can just say sorry and I'll forgive you."

"I know."

"Good." I said, the word almost sounding like a sigh, feeling like I had finally got everything off of my chest, and felt so much better for having done so, I may have already had a go at her once for her actions, but not like this. I wasn't sure how she was going to react, but at least now she knew how I felt about everything.

Expecting her to give me her best apology and practically beg for my forgiveness, I waited as she just stared at me in silence, before slowly leaning forward and pressing her lips to mine. Immediately I felt myself relax into her kiss, the butterflies inside my stomach going crazy, as I wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her closer to me.

"I'm sorry." She whispered the two words, as she pulled away ever so slightly, but stayed close enough to me that her lips brushed mine as she spoke.

"Stop saying sorry."

"I don't know what else I can say." Phoenix admitted, looking sheepish as she did her best to avoid my gaze. I was quickly learning that Phoenix was rather awful at expressing how she feels, and what she wants.

"Just tell me you won't do it again." I was almost pleading with her, she gave me a small, reassuring smile, as she lifted her hand to tuck a stray hair behind my ear.

"I promise you, I won't hurt you like that again. Nor will I keep doing it and thinking I'll get away with it just by saying sorry."

Her voice was soft, just like her touch, just as if she was being gentle with her words as well as her touch. Something she hadn't been towards me for a while. It was a nice feeling, and I couldn't help myself from believing her and trusting her.

"Okay." I whispered. Moving closer to her, so that I could her body against mine. This was everything that I imagined, this was a true fairytale. My very own little fairytale.