26 ~ Who Will Be There For You

With time they were back in the classroom and Vixen was doing everything she possibly could to avoid Cedric .

Soon the day came when she returned to the place where he had painted her on the tarp. The place where he had killed the Minotaur. It was a work of art that deserved to be displayed for the world like the works of DaVinci. Each brush stroke held a magic of its own that could never be replicated for it was full of magic, wonder, and devotion. He was passionate about the beauty he immortalized and he made her appear radiant not only by skin but he somehow made her soul visible and beautiful. Anyone who would set eyes on this masterpiece was sure to be left with misty eyes. There was much this wizard held deep which she did not know and wished she could.

She could feel his presence behind her and she knew it was time for her to pour out her heart to him. A fearful task that pained her for she knew what was to follow. By night there would be two broken hearts.

"Cedric if you wish to know than meet me tonight at midnight. In the middle of the lake once again and we shall see if you still believe I am worth fighting for." and with that she departed before the tears could fall and he saw her heart break.

The rest of the afternoon was torture as she doubted her ability to tell him what she truly was but as darkness began to fall and the fresh memory of the portrait by the one she cared for most weighed on her she knew she had to do this if she truly cared for him.

When the time came she looked in the mirror one last time to make sure everything was in order but what was on her cheek was certainly not what she wished to see. A single tear had escaped and she quickly wiped it away before touching up her hair and makeup, making sure to appear as perfect as possible before she walked to the Black Lake. Once again she used a spell that would freeze the water under her foot falls so she could walk to the middle of the lake and there she waited with trembling hands and a shattering soul. As the chimes rang out telling all those who would listen that midnight had arrived Vixen's heart sank even more as she forced herself to create a blue flame to flag down the one she cared for most in this horrid world.

She did not have to wait long to see Cedric standing at the shore getting his wand out to create a conjured the spell he had heard her use before which now seemed like a lifetime ago. Cedric nearly ran toward her and the blue flame causing her to nearly cry.

Mixed emotions filled the boy as he wondered what was in store and how this young girl would break his heart once and for all. He was no one's fool although he knew she thought him to be at this time but he knew in his heart that he could never let her go no matter how she tried to push him away. He knew she needed him and he wanted her.

When he stood before her and she only glanced up at him once, a prelude that this may certainly be a heart wrenching conversation, so he softly asked. "Vixy are you sure no one else will hear?" he asked with concern.

"There is an invisibility spell around us and our voices are masked as the sound of soft churning water." She calmly replied. "Now I will get straight to the point so I do not waste anymore of your time but I think it may be best to show you."

A sudden gust flew into the blue flame and swirled around them, encasing them in the azure flames which soon began to submerge into the blackness of the lake. A hint of light shown under them as the descended and continued to get brighter and brighter until a blinding light consumed them. When Cedric opened his eyes he found himself in a strangely familiar place. It was no doubt beautiful. They stood upon beautifully glittering gold sands with the most amazingly blue waters which reminded Cedric of Vixen's eyes. A cliff with lush green grass jutted up a ways down the beach and for some reason the sight of it made Cedric's heart quickened. There was something haunting about that cliff.