2 ~ Hogwarts Express

2

It was another cold and rainy day as Vixen arose to meet the day. She had just got to sleep an hour earlier because commotion in the pub had just barely settled but now she had to prepare her things to travel to platform 9 ¾. The rain like always soothed Vixen's vigilant soul and made her mind more at ease as the soft pitter patter sounded outside also leaving the streets bare.

In no time she was dressed and ready to go to the station. When he cab arrived and was loaded she carried her head high as the driver transported her to the train station.

At the station she picked up her pace to make it to the platform for it was rather discomforting to be in the muggle world. Her mother, may she rest if peace, always told her how filthy and barbaric the muggle world was and now being in it rather disgusted Vixen. At this moment she couldn't wait to board her train to get out of the polluted muggle world and she was to take a shower immediately after she arrived at Hogwarts to rid herself of the repulsive stench.

Soon she spied the trio that she had attacked the previous day and they were laughing as they entered through the brick wall between platform 9 and 10.

Vixen knew that was where she needed to go so she quickly made haste to the portal and before she knew it she was boarding the train looking for a cabin to sit in.

As she walked down the hall she had a hard time finding an empty box or one with less than two people. If she did have to seat with a couple students she hoped the poor souls would not talk to her or even stare like people had done all day yesterday.

Finally toward the very end of the train she found a box occupied by only one boy and he had his nose buried in a book unaware of the world around him.

Silently Vixen slipped inside the cabin and took a seat opposite of him and snuggled herself in the corner as if to make herself smaller before retrieving a book to take her mind off the awful ride.

Before long she heard the boy stir and feel his eyes gaze upon her.

"I'm sorry! I did not see you come in. I'm Roger Davies. Ravenclaw chaser."

Vixen brought the book down just enough to see him and she nodded her head and went back to her reading. Nonetheless that didn't stop Roger from going on.

"I don't believe I've ever seen you at Hogwarts before. Which house do you belong in?"

Again Vixen kept her nose in her book in a rather rude manor. Perhaps he would think she was deaf and not just arrogant but then something odd happened.

The trains was coming to a sudden stop but yet they were on a bridge with no where to go. Vixen knew at this time she would not be able to continue her book and so she slammed it shut, startling poor Roger badly enough to make him jump just before the lights went off. 

This was really what Vixen liked now. No one to look at her but she knew the darkness would soon be lit by wands and lanterns. Sure enough she heard Roger rummage around for his wand before saying, "Lumos."

Next Roger stood up and went into the hall to investigate the reason for the abrupt stop.

Vixen felt their coldness as they hovered around the train causing ice and frost to engulf the windows and sending a cold air making it so every breath you took you would see in a whisp of vapor. Dementors. Everything and everyone fell silent on the train and Vixen knew what she had to do.

Vixen found the Dementors to be nothing more then a joke for they tried to be like Venators but fell very short of even coming close however still a Dementor could take a Venator's soul although the Venator would still live but without a soul which could be returned but still the Venator would be nothing but a body without emotion or feeling making it so there was no real point of even living.

She knew the Dementors might try and steal her soul for they, like humans, were greedy and without a single Venator they would become the greatest hunter. However not while Vixen Licorne Venator was around.

She let out an annoyed sigh before saying two Latin words that were a curse for her Venator blood but a savior for her Letalis Basium blood.

"Animus occulto" she whispered and a whisp shot out of her body that was silver and blue. It was her soul leaving her body. Without her soul in her body the Dementors could not take what is not there although Vixen knew she could fight them off with a single spell but why attract such uncalled for attention when this was as simple and she would not have to start running again.

She hated this feeling of being without a soul or spirit for it made her feel empty but yet it did let her escape from emotions like the one that lingered from when she saw the  eyed boy.

The dementors came and went without finding what they were looking for and so the train's lights flickered back on as the engine hissed as the conductor released the brake to continue with their journey.

Soon Roger entered the cabin again this time with the company of a dark haired girl.

The girl smiled a pleasant and shy smile before introducing herself. "I'm Cho Chang of Ravenclaw. How do you do?"

Unlike before without a soul she wasn't as inclined to be so hostile and gently nodded her head as if to say, "How do you do?" while glancing back at Roger for a moment before reaching for her book but stopped when she heard an oddly familiar voice hiss in the doorway.

"I never knew Vixen Venator to be shy!"

If Vixen had her soul this could have been a battle of words and she might have even cast a spell on this girl but instead she looked at the girl with her emotionless eyes.

The girl had long red hair and pale skin and the reason she knew Vixen was that she also lived in Greece many years back and was a very nasty girl toward Vixen. Her name was Lidia Blaylock and a popular student at Hogwarts going into her seventh year making her a year older than Vixen. Lidia always thought she was better than Vixen and always tried to rub it in her face and get Vixen angry unless they were around certain people such as boys Lidia was wanting and adults although she would throw out little cuts here and there whenever she had the chance. 

"I see Greece has finally had enough of the likes of you Venator!" hissed Lidia with venom dripping off of every word as her eyes flickered with hatred for the Venator girl.

Vixen was not willing to bring herself down to Lidia's immature level and pickup where they had left off with the bickering and childish cruel games.

However as Vixen looked at Lidia she couldn't help but think, "Lidia is going to make my stay a living hell... Just too bad she doesn't know about hell.