24 ~ Unlikely Visitors

As Vixen splashed her face with cool water after arriving back to her tower at Hogwarts she realized her eyes were once again blue. It was rather chaotic how things had been changing lately.

As she dried her face a knock sounded on her door which she quickly attended to with much annoyance.

"Good day milady" greeted Viktor Krum.

I saw you return to the castle and noticed you in a bad mood and was wondering if you would care to join me to the Quidditch field and perhaps blow off some steam."

Never before had Vixen been asked to play Quidditch for she knew that all the athletes feared her especially if she was a beater. "Mr. Krum, I thank you for the kind request but for the satisfaction of your team I must decline for I know how they feel toward me.

"Well Vixen that be where you're wrong because since all the players that be here are all ones that have fallen for your Leucosia blood so they wait anxiously for your presence. If anything would you entertain us with your attendance for I think you will get a laugh at some of these blokes as they swoon over your beauty."

For once Vixen decided to break down and join in the competitive sport. At first she caught herself snickering in the bleachers the bluggers came close to hitting some of the poor boys who had their eyes glued to her beauty but soon she joined in the fun and actually caught herself giggling. Things were going very well until the quaffle went astray deep into the forbidden forest. All the students were afraid to go after the game ball. All except Vixen who promptly went in after it

She quickly found the quaffle next to a white object. Vixen's heart sank as she realized it was a dead unicorn. What sort of creature would kill a unicorn and drink its blood? She calmly knelt by the poor creature and touch the wound. The beautiful animal had just recently died for it was still warm and by the wound she found it was Voldemort!

Vixen jerked to her feet and there stood the weak Lord whom many didn't speak of.

"Once again it is a pleasure to see you Miss. Venator! How is your mother?"

Before Vixen could reply the dark lord quickly departed with fear. Vixen then looked around and realized she was surrounded by a number of unicorns!

The largest among them was the color of the sea and he stepped forward in all of his radiance and beauty. In her mind Vixen heard him speak. "I know who you are child as does every creature that lives in this forest. Vixen Licorne Venator. Your name is not coincidence for when you were born you were blessed with the tears of unicorns. A deed Capella is not fond of and to this day is both jealous and afraid of. When the time comes our tears will be the ones to end you pain. Under a tree there is a staff that only you will be able to retrieve and use. It will open your world to a different sort of power which will allow you to talk to those in the afterlife and a mysterious power only the dearly departed that lies at your feet knew. You are our hope for a future."

Vixen's mind was now overwhelmed with thoughts about the power and thoughts of how her mother mocked her by calling her Licorne. Vixen looked down at the deceased white unicorn and then back up to the blue unicorn and noticed all the rest were gone. She saw a reflection under the tree which she quickly attended to and like the mighty unicorn had said there lay a staff with a smiling moon.

Quickly she returned to her tower and for hours Vixen sat  staring at the enchanting staff that stood propped up in the corner glittering in the moonlight that peaked through the windows. Wonderment and confusions flowed through her mind as she thought about what the unicorn had said. Unknown powers were in this scepter along with a portal to speak to the dead.

Her fire crackled with blue flames while the cold winter wind groaned outside her door which put Vixen into a deep trance as she debated whether or not to try out the staff which was soon decided for her as an anxious pounding sounded at her door. Someone was sure desperate to speak to her it would seem.

Quickly she got up to see who was summoning her at this time. As she opened the door she was met by icy blue eyes. "Why did you leave like that? Your mother went into a frenzy after you departed and left us with the west wing completely destroyed and half our elves brutally tortured and murdered! What did you say to her to set her off in such a manner?" Draco yelled.

"Mr. Malfoy, I'd almost like to apologize for the damage to your home but I warned you there was evil in your household. That woman will go to any length for chaos and fear and seeing as she has not completely demolished your home she must have your family afraid. At Hogwarts you will be safe, for a time at least."

"I'm worried about yours! She spoke of teaching you a lesson and you begging for death." Draco shouted, obviously concerned for her and angry with how cool she was acting.

"Kind words Draco but I will not bow down to her requests or be consumed with fear by her words. In time you will see her consumed with the fear she has brought onto herself."

Draco took a disappointed breath as he rubbed his face with his hands as if to rub off the craziness he was hearing. "She said she would make you watch the most devastating suffering with your own eyes. Said as you watch and are unable to help the one to suffer, you would know it is because of you. You would know true heart break and watch your soul die as you heard him scream for death and scream your name, a scream that would be damning. There would be no mercy for him or you." He studied her, waiting for a reaction because he knew it was he who would be tortured to death.

She showed no emotion or reaction to the message he had just laid before her and so in defeat he said, "I will see you tomorrow. Rest Well. Oh and by the way your mother has sent Dementors to the grounds if that means anything to you."

Vixen nodded before closing the door. "Gamozo-o!" she hissed that damn woman was vicious but not at all wise. She knew she had more power than her mother and each day she gained more wisdom. She would defeat the evil woman. She would not allow anyone to be hurt on account of her.

Suddenly a cold breeze filled her room and she could feel the presence of the dementors drawing closer. She didn't wish to do this but knew there was no choice at this time. It was time to fall prey to her self inflicting curse. She would return and seek her revenge on Capella and perhaps Lucious Malfoy. That time was yet to come for right now, her soul had to hide. "Animus occulto."