25 ~ End of All Hope

As days faded into weeks the Dementors thoroughly combed and harassed the grounds but had no luck in finding any sign of the girl although she was right under their nose the whole time.

Draco and Cedric grew more concerned each day as she never smiled or made her usual snappy comments. There was no fire.

The second task of the tournament came and went as did the dementors. A week after the dementors departed Vixen found herself at Hogsmeade aimlessly wandering the streets but was soon pulled into a dark alley and stood face to face with those charming eyes that would typically make her weak in the knees and heart race. "Vixen what is happening?" he demanded in a tone both desperate and heartbreaking.

She did not act as though she was neither surprised by the gesture nor concerned in any way. "Good Day Mr. Diggory." She said to him in a dull dry tone.

"Vixy where are you? This isn't you! Your eyes are now grey and your spirit no longer lives. What happened? Let me help you!"

"I don't know what you are talking about sir." She said in her lifeless voice.

Vixen had been under the curse so long now she forgot about her soul all together. She was now just a hollow body wandering around. She still learned, in fact she had read and made notes of all of the books she possessed and many more from the library. Being without her soul made so she did not worry, she did not feel sad, angry, or even happy. This was not living.

Cedric's heart ached as he looked into her empty eyes that held no life. Their meeting was short lived as someone yelled "Hey! Leave her alone!"

Draco came into view and took hold of her wrist and led her out of the alley and to the nearest store where he asked the same question and he got the same answer and was soon left there by himself.

Vixen walked clear out of Hogsmeade where she came across a place where she never seen before. This place was off limits to students but it was intriguing. It looked like a muggle circus area that had been abandoned for some time. She wandered around looking at things until she noticed someone had been painting on one of the tarps. It was a ballerina with something oddly familiar about it. Suddenly a noise sounded behind her and she slowly turned around there stood Cedric again with a discouraged expression. He took a few more steps toward her so that he was within two feet of her. "Please forgive me if I am wrong, Phasma Reverto Corpus!"

A silver spirit glow rushed into Vixen's body making her body stiffen as her back arched and neck whipped back. Her breath was taken away as her muscles tightened and she stood on her toes as her spirit waved through her body and then her whole body collapsed into Cedric's arms. Her eyes fluttered open and for the first time in weeks she was human again and her heart was overwhelmed as she stared into Cedric's softening eyes. A smile crossed her lips as he held her. Her eyes now glittered like radiant sapphires as they had before. She was back.

They stood there silently embracing each other as tears streamed down Vixen's pale cheeks which were soon wiped away by Cedric's gentle touch. "I beg of you, never do that again! Life isn't worth living without a soul or learning to be lonely." His soft voice begged in her ear.

Vixen's eyes filled with sadness now as she released herself from Cedric's grasp. "You do not understand the ways of both the Venators and Letalis Basium people. I'm... I'm truly sorry Cedric."

She tried to turn and walk away but was faced with the painting again which stopped her in her tracks. Such elegance and grace stood there and she soon realized it was...her.

She quickly looked back at Cedric whose head now hung low. "Why?" he asked in a sad whisper. "Why do you run?"

"I cannot explain Cedric so please don't ask me something I cannot answer. This is how it must be."