20 ~ So This is Hell

Soon the sun was shining through the dark tinted window and Vixen could not stand to bask in her painful memories any longer so she decided to go down to possibly grab some coffee to start her day but first and foremost she needed to prepare her image.

She went and took an icy shower to keep her body numb but when she looked in the frosty mirror she couldn't believe what she saw looking back at her. Her once crystal blue eyes now reflected back it her the color of emeralds! What could this mean? Quickly she splashed some water on her face as if to wake herself up and see clearly but when she looked back up the evidence was clear. Her eyes were now green! She took a heavy breath and stared at her new self. Why was she tortured like this? She enjoyed having eyes of ice why the color of jealousy? There was nothing in this world she couldn't have!

Who was she kidding. What she wanted most was love, Cedric's love, but she could not have it. She quickly did her hair into a perfect updo before applying her usual makeup consisting of a lot of eyeliner before dressing in a white blouse with a slimming skirt that would fall to her knees and knee high boots. She took one last look in the mirror to make sure everything was in proper place. She was the perfect doll. Her hair was flawless as was her wardrobe. A great trophy for any man she thought. She soon exited her room and went to the balcony where she saw Lucius Malfoy yelling at what looked to be a detective.

"What do you mean no one has seen her? She was at that bloody ball and I told you to keep an eye on her! You had better find her or else it will be your head!"

Vixen knew they were talking of her for she had not disturbed a soul when she entered the manor and so she began he descent down the great stair. When she was halfway down she raised her head high and in the snobby tone she knew these people used she said, "Mr. Malfoy."

Both gentlemen jerked their stare to the voice as shock and relief waved through them. Lucius did not smile or rather looked upset said, "Good day Miss. Venator. Where have you been young lady?"

"I retired from the ball early and had a brief meeting with Voldemort before I arrived. I let myself into my suite and went to bed. I wished not to be rude and awaken the household."

Lucius looked as though he had just seen a ghost as he pale skin went even whiter and began to quiver. "You looked upon the Dark Lord?" he whimpered

"Yes I had a short briefing with him which was very short with no point."

Lucius managed to snap out of his fearful state. "Very well Miss. Venator. Breakfast is served in the dining room. The house elves will make anything you desire. Later I wish to talk more about the meeting you and Lord Voldemort had."

Vixen made her way past the dining room and burst into the kitchen startling the elves as they prepared breakfast.

"All I wish for is a cup of coffee with cream and sugar and wish for it to be cold."

"Yes milady!" cried the elf as he hurried to prepare her coffee without question. As Vixen stood there waiting a cold voice behind her said, "Good to see you have found your way to the mansion and helping yourself to tormenting the elves."

Vixen turned to see Draco in a bath robe with flannel pajama pants as his bare chest peaked out of the open collar.

"Tell me why you suddenly like your coffee cold. It seems a bit unnatural for you."

"Mr. Malfoy it is no business of yours as to how I like my beverages. Now did you wish to have brunch today or shall I summon Miss. Blaylock to accompany you?"

"I said those things because I thought that was what you wanted to hear. I never meant to hurt you and make you leave Vixen."

"Don't flatter yourself Mr. Malfoy. I left because I could no longer stand the petty ball."