Prolouge

"My Lord, you wanted to see me?" Severus asked gliding into the dark room, his robes billowing behind him.

"Yes, Severus," the Dark Lord responded, staring out a grimy window. "As you know, about a year ago, Bellatrix and I had a child."

"Yes, my Lord," Serverus replied.

"You also know that tonight is the night that I attack the Potters."

"Yes, my Lord."

"And in the chance, although that is hard to believe, that I do not return," the Dark Lord turned around to reveal he was holding a pale child wrapped in a black blanket. "Will you be Trinity's godfather and take care of her? I trust you the most to raise her well."

"Of course, it would be an honor."

"Thank you, Severus. I hope to return within an hour, with the boy dead."

"Best of luck. I just wanted to ask one thing. Would it be possible for you to spare Lily Potter's life?"

"If she doesn't get in my way, I will spare her."

"Thank you again, my Lord."

With that, the Dark Lord handed Trinity to Severus and walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: This isn't my first time writing a story but it is my first time writing a Harry Potter fanfic. I would appreciate only positive comments and no swearing. I haven't read the last book yet because I started reading the series a few months ago, so things in the 7th book may not be so accurate for now. (Not that I need anything from the 7th book right now.) I know it's short and I hope you liked the prologue!
By for now! ~ giraffestripes