Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Willow

Dylan wakes with a start.

“Oh my gosh I am so sorry!” Thalia apologizes. “I meant to spray you with water and—”

“It’s okay, but my head hurts.” Dylan declares as he shakily tries to get up.

“Well, if it’s okay, Willow and Thalia’s turn.” Grace says as if nothing just happened.

I gulp. Thalia just made that welt on Dylan’s head. Well, another welt. I am as scared as anyone could be, but I don’t show it. I straighten my back and smile at Thalia. We walk onto the mat and I just hope that she doesn’t really know how to use her power and I win. Well, I don’t want to win either. A) It would mean hurting Thalia, B) It would mean fighting Zack, and that went so well the last time.

“Begin!” Grace shouts.

Thalia blasts water at me and I push back the water with wind, splashing it in her face. Thalia turns the mat around my feet to frothing water.

Think! I tell myself.

Then I have a thought. I’ve never tried this before, but push the winds under my feet to push me into the air and bam! I’m flying!

“Whoa! Willow that’s amazing!” Zack shouts.

My amazing stunt doesn’t last long though. Thalia pushes water under my feet and I fall to the ground. I throw wind at her and she stumbles back.

I make a mini-tornado and send it toward her. She splashes water at it and it turns around, coming for me. As I’m thinking about what to do, a blast of water knocks me back fifty feet off the mat and it was not a comfortable landing.

“Thalia wins!” Grace cries, astonished.

I have to admit, I’m a little embarrassed. I majorly underestimated my opponent, I let my guard down, and I lost to a person with a week’s worth of training. How am I ever going to survive Omnia?

Thalia runs up to me and I expect her to gloat, even though it doesn’t seem like her, but instead she hugged me.

“You did awesome!” She praises.

“Not as awesome as you!” I congratulate. “Nice job out there.”

“Before the champion match,” Grace shouts. “Let’s train a little. Thalia, nice with your powers. Willow, youtoo. You never told me you could fly.” She grins as she walks away.

We go about our business as usual, but Zack keeps glancing at Thalia, as if he were scared. Zack is really good, and Thalia’s a beginner. She’s a very powerful Elemental though, that’s for sure.

I got over and try to use the bow and arrow. Thalia helps me and I actually hit the target. But I only hit the foot of the dummy, so I’m not saying I’m any good.

Thalia laughs as I put the arrow in backwards. “No, no, no. The point goes the other way.”

I stick my tongue out at her and she takes the bow from my hands and loads an arrow.

“You have to look down the shaft of the arrow.” She says with great concentration.

She releases the arrow and it sinks itself into the heart of the dummy.

“Wow.” I mutter.

She shrugs as if it were no big deal but if it were me I’d be freaking out on the inside.

“Are you nervous about, you know, fighting Zack?” I ask as I load an arrow, the right way, thank you very much.

“Yeah.” She admits. “Not as nervous as I was about fighting you, though. Now I have my powers under control.”

“Guys!” Grace yells from the mat. “Time for the last battle!”

“Good luck!” I say to Thalia.