Elemental Odds

Elemental Odds

Prologue

Gracelyn

          My mind is racing a million miles an hour. I had just been informed that the fate of the world rested in the hands of four babies that had just been born. The deadline is fourteen years from now. When the time comes, I will have to lead the four most powerful children – against all odds— into a deadly quest to save the world. Each of them will have a power of nature— water, earth, air or fire— that will have to be tamed and kept in check. Training begins when they are thirteen, and when once they reach fourteen, their little ‘adventure’ will commence; and as I’m fourteen right now, I’ll be twenty-eight when they’re ready at fourteen. Ready to challenge the most powerful man in history. Omnia, the one that selfishly controls all the elements. Normally this never happens; one person with a gift of all the elements, but hey, Omnia’s a freak. Unfortunately he’s a powerful freak.

          He works behind the scenes, causing earthquakes and tsunamis and all sorts of “natural” disasters. The first time he was challenged, the earth ruptured so badly it caused the Continental Drift. He’s immortal like all Elementals, (or people that can control the elements.) and as far as I know, nothing shoots him with more fear than the option that someone could overthrow him. Omnia plans to raise his invulnerable army on the summer solstice in fourteen years.

          He killed my family in a terrible earthquake in Hawaii, just because my mother was a water Elemental. I was twelve then. Soon it won’t be my turn to run or flee. It will be his.

          I find that I’m anticipating the year I turn twenty-eight with pleasure. Revenge is sweet, but so far away. Too far away.