Your Sweet Talk Always Was A Bit Much Chapter 7

Four hours later, Blake and his friends were back, as promised. The two girls had gone a bit overboard in dressing for the occasion, in my opinion. I just had my regular jeans, shirt, ankle boots without any heel, and brown leather jacket on. Wearing heels to a concert was a recipe for disaster, but I kept my mouth shut, even when they went on about how I hadn’t gotten dressed up enough. They babbled on about how hot some of the guys in the band were, while the three guys and I stared out the window trying to block them out. Once we were there and inside I pulled them towards the bar. If you got a place early enough, it was the best spot to watch a concert from in this hall. I had been to more concerts in my life than I could count, many of them in this exact venue.

            Once the band came on stage and the music started, I relaxed. It actually was fun to be at one of their concerts, and I couldn’t be more inconspicuous in the crowd, so it wasn’t like anyone was going to see me. Blake and his friends were having a great time, jumping around, dancing, and singing to the music. Blake noticed that I wasn’t dancing much and dragged me to him, putting his hands on my hips as he stood behind me, swaying with me to the slow song they were playing. I was surprised he was being so touchy – it wasn’t like him at all, at least not when he was with me. Not that I minded, it was just unusual. I turned to the bar once the next song started, recognizing it as one of the last songs they usually played and taking the opportunity to get a bottle of water before the concert was over and the bar was flooded with people. The rest of the crowd was still riveted on the stage. 

            The last chords were still ringing when the lead singer began to talk into the microphone. “Alright folks, I’m going to have to interrupt for a quick minute here. Dave, can we get the house lights up please? A friend informed me that a certain Madeleine Parker is in the crowd tonight. And I’d like to ask her to come up here on stage for a second,” he said with a grin.

Fuck, fuck, fuck me, no, I chanted to myself. I was going to kill Damien. “So, is there a Madeleine Parker out there? She’d normally be by the bar, blonde hair, leather jacket,” he continued, scanning the crowd around the bar.

Heads turned toward me and Blake and his friends all looked at me shocked and confused. Fucking hell, I thought in despair. Soon enough, it was obvious even from the stage where I was, with everyone turned to look at me.

“Right on the money! Wow, I didn’t even really need to turn on the house lights, did I? Come on up here then, Mads.”

I shook my head furiously, but to no avail. “Oh yes, sweetheart, there’s no getting out of this. You walk against that wall right up to Joel, he’ll let you up on stage. The crowd won’t let you leave, and I’m not going to sing another note until you get your fine ass up here.” He was grinning like there was no tomorrow.

I sighed. I knew that he meant it, and I couldn’t see another way out. I reluctantly got up and made my way over to the security guard who let me through before I hoisted myself onto the stage.

“Alright, I’m here now, what do you want, Noah?”

He beamed at me. “Just wanted to see your beautiful smiling face, sweetheart.”

“Yeah, well there was a much higher chance of you seeing a smile on my face if you didn’t call me up on stage randomly,” I snapped, trying to control my anger.

“Woah, someone’s in a bad mood. I know you haven’t seen me in a while, but have no fear, everything’s going to be alright now that I’m here,” he smirked. I hated this about Noah. I was the only one who could keep his feet on the ground, and when he was away for a while his ego inflated several sizes.

“You’re what’s putting me in a bad mood, asshole.”

“No need for name-calling, sweetheart. How’ve you been?”