7

Zoro felt empty watching you go limp and the life leaving your face. His claws dig into the ground, turning his wrath on the bandits, glowing brighter. The bandits shift uneasily before the leader calls for a retreat. They move to run but Zoro swipes after them, slashing their backs and killing some. His roar shakes the village chasing after the bandits in a rage.

Law stared down at you unmoving mind blank. He had never seen something like this before, and it was already too late to heal you. He touches your cold cheek and bites his lip starting to shake. This can't be right. This couldn't be happening. Not you.

"___...." He chokes out leaning down and hiding his grief stricken face in your neck as he holds you close. "Please... I can handle losing anyone but you..." He whispers shakily as tears escape his eyes.

Smoker watches him sadly before going after Zoro stiffly. He didn't want to believe it. He couldn't. The loss was too much for him to comprehend. This night started so well too, and now he couldn't feel anything but a giant weight on his shoulders. He finds Zoro in his human form on his hands and knees shaking. Shockwaves of power pulse off of him.

"Fuck!" Zoro growls. Smoker stops, watching him solemnly. "Never got the chance to make it up to her!... I'm such a useless guardian! Why.... Why would she sacrifice herself for me?!" Zoro shakes again, holding back a sob.

"Because she still believed in you." Smoker murmurs going over to his side.

"She was right though, you've done more for her than I ever did... I was just a lazy drunken tiger..." He sniffs, fingers digging into the earth. Before Smoker can speak, a bright light comes over them. They stiffen and slowly lift their heads to the large glowing stag. Light swimmers through its pelt, great antlers flickering with life.

"The guardian of the forest," Smoker breathes in shock. The stag's gaze was fixed on them, eyes reflecting the stars. Without a word the great stag steps over the two and calmly heads into the village. The two exchange a glance before swiftly following him.

Law raises his head as a bright luminous stag approaches him. His breath catches and he holds you tighter. The stag stops, looming over him and you. A glowing watery orb forms between the tips of its antlers, growing to the size of an orange before dropping down onto your wound, making your brains glow and flicker as the wound heals and color returns to your face.

You take a deep breath but don't wake. Law swallows blinking down at you before hugging you relieved.

"I have given her a second chance, but she still needs time to recover from the poison." A deep voice resonates from the stag. Law blinks after it as it steadily disappears into the forest. The village guardian and Smoker swiftly come to his side's peering at you, relaxing as you breathe quietly. Law nuzzles your hair.

"Thank the guardians..." He murmurs.

Your eyes ease open steadily and you yawn quietly, pausing when you sense you're surrounded. You sit up and look around in surprise. Law and Zoro slept on either side of you, Smoker was curled up at your feet and Luffy snores soundly behind you.

"Um... Did something happen?" You ask confused. Law sits up eyes wide. He blinks and looks at you before tackle hugging you and making you fall back into Zoro with a surprised huff. "L-Law?" You gasp in surprise. Zoro stirs, waking up.

"What-"

"You really gave me a scare." Law murmurs hugging you tighter.

"Sorry Law... But was it that bad? Why is everyone here?" You ask quietly, glancing at Zoro as he sits up, eyes trained on you.

"You've been out a few days." Zoro murmurs rather softly. You blink in surprise and soften.

"I see... I didn't mean to worry anyone- Is the guardian okay?" You ask Law.

"He's fine thanks to your recklessness." Law rumbles scolding, pinching your nose. You blink and chuckle sheepishly trying to pull away. He relaxes and releases your nose as your stomach growls.

"I heard that, I'll get started on breakfast for you then." Law rumbles as he stands and starts out. You relax and smile after him. Zoro shifts, drawing your gaze.

"I thought you hated the guardian.... Why did you try to protect him?" He asks quietly. You blink at him before looking down and rubbing your neck.

"So odd... During all that chaos, when I sensed he was in danger... I guess I still feel some love for him." You admit softly. Zoro blinks in surprise and awe. Smoker yawns lifting his head. You smile more crawling over and hugging his neck.

Smoker stiffens briefly before licking your face, knocking you down. You giggle as he wags his tail happily. "Smoker! Hehe! Im sorry for worrying you!" You giggle as he lays on you.

"Oi, get off her," Zoro huffs in slight jealousy. Smoker huffs cuddling your cheek before sitting up. You sit up only to have someone jump onto your back.

"___! You're finally awake!" Luffy cheers.

"Luffy! When did you get back?" You chuckle ruffling his hair.

"Yesterday! But I was so worried!" He says cuddling your neck.

"___, breakfast is ready." Law calls from the kitchen.

"Meat!?" You and Luffy light up before playfully pushing eachother and running for the kitchen.

"Oi!" Zoro huffs as Smoker rumbles a laugh. Zoro relaxes and smiles a bit. "Welcome back ___..."

His yukata was rather colorful with phoenix designs on it. Blond hair swishing in the wind as small clouds of light slid over his tan skin. He stops at the tree line, gazing at the slightly burnt village calmly.

"Time for you to pay. ___."