6

"Smells good," Law comments peering at the boar as you turned it.

"Its heavy too, I hope Smoker likes it." You manage with a big smile. He blinks glancing at you.

"I'll be honest, you're making jealous," He teases helping you turn it. "You never cook a whole boar for me."

"Do you even want a whole boar?" You shoot back. He chuckles.

"No, but the gesture would be nice," He comments. You giggle and hug him before adding some spices on the boar.

"I'll keep that in mind Law, though I would've never taken you for the jealous tip." You chuckle. He smirks and helps you move the boar to a large offering table.

"I was just saying," He chuckles helping you prepare it.

"Don't you have to start on your set up?" You ask curiously.

"Actually I was hoping to assist you this year," He replies.

replies.

"Sounds good to me Law!" You chime as you finish prepping the boar. "Could you get the sake to the stand? I'm going to get this to Smoker!" You chime grabbing the ropes and starting to pull out the boar.

"Alright be careful out there ___." He chuckles, knowing you wouldn't take his help bringing Smoker the boar. You follow the path you had worn down to the clearing where you met Wolf the day before and call for Smoker. You waited patiently for a bit and grin when you see the large silver wolf come into the clearing.

"Hi Smoker!" You greet him going over and hugging his neck. The wolf rumbles rubbing his cheek against your shoulder. "I brought you a gift," You tell him gesturing to the boar, "I hope you like it," You add. The wolf blinks at the boar, licking his chaps before giving your cheek an affectionate lick. You giggle and hug his neck again cuddling his cheek.

"Thank you for always coming to save me Smoker!" You chime. "I have to get going to the festival, so enjoy yourself." You add kissing the wolf's cheek. The wolf ducks his head letting out another rumble. You smile scratching behind his ear before starting to walk away. Smoker nips at the back of your yukata and gently pulls you back. You blink and look back at him before smiling again.

"Alright, I'll stay with you then." You muse. He sits down and you do the same watching him as he graciously digs in, tail wagging slightly. You smile and peer up at the stars as they start to come out, glowing even brighter than usual. "So lovely tonight," You murmur leaning on the wolf. He rumbles leaning back against you a bit.

Something odd catches your ear and you both look toward the village. A scream? You blink and jump to your feet running for the village with Smoker at your side. You burst out of the trees, stopping short eyes widening at the fire. Some villagers ran past being pursued by bandits. You grit your teeth lunging forward, slashing into a bandits side with your sword as Smoker leaped onto the other one.

"___!" Bellemere gasps coming to your side.

"Get everyone to the shrine!" You order before running with Smoker to drive out the bandits. Law comes into a view knocking back some bandits while drawing his nodachi. A familiar red haired bandit stood before him. "Law!" You gasp reaching your friend's side.

"There you are, I was starting to worry," Law says, eyes locked on the bandit leader.

"Well well, if it isn't the girl with the guardian." The bandit leader comments. You narrow your eyes as Smoker growls lowly on your other side. "I've been looking for you, I think you would make me a good wife." He rumbles.

"How much Have you had to drink?" You huff lip curled.

"You're not worth her time, so leave," Law growls glaring now. Smoker growls louder beside you, agreeing with Law. The bandit leader blinks and chuckles.

"I'll show you." He growls drawing his dagger. You feel a tug on your sword and tighten your grip, glancing down at it briefly. You meet the bandit leader's eyes. He chuckles darkly and you glance at Law as he grits his teeth.

"Bring it on." He breathes leaning forward. The bandit leader jerks his head for you all to attack. You and Law lunge forward together. You catch movement coming at you and swiftly feint back, blade grinding with a short scythe. You glare at the kitsune mask, pushing him back with your blade.

"Bastards, how dare you ruin our Guardian celebration." You snarl pointing your sword at him as smoke whisper around you, tossing back other bandits that got too close.

"Guardians are nothing to be feared." He responds before lunging at you. You gasp barely deflecting his attacks.

'So fast! His movements are a blur!' You marvel swiftly deflecting his attacks.

"Not bad, I'm impressed." He comments. "But you're still no match." He adds knocking you back. Your feet skid against the ground. You release a breath, not prepared for his lunge. Your eyes widen as his scythe blade grunts dangerously.

"No..." The word left your lips before you could react. A massive paw smacks him back away from you. You blink, eyes going to the glowing white and gold tiger, green stripes adorned it's pelt. You were in awe, you never seen the guardian in his unleashed form before. The bandits shift, swiftly becoming aware of the guardian. The tiger gave a deafening roar, shaking the atmosphere.

Movement catches your eye as the bandit leader smirks. One of his men aim a crossbow at the guardian, The tip was covered in a black substance. Your eyes widen, feeling an odd chill go down your spine. The guardian was busy swiping the bandits back, not noticing the crossbow trained on him.

Before you knew what you were doing you were intercepting the flying arrow. You wince and stagger as it pierces your shoulder. "___!" Law calls out from where he was fighting. I blink as a black ribbon wraps around you and disappears.

"What the-"

"You idiot! Not only did you waste that arrow but you've killed my future wife!" The bandit leader scolds. You fall to your knees, gripping the arrow and pulling it out.

"I may have lost faith in you. But everyone else still believes in you... So you better not let them down too..." You manage, looking back at the tiger who's gaze was locked on you, surprise flicking in its golden eyes. You shudder falling onto your side coughing up blood. Law rushes over dropping to his knees and rolling you onto your back and peering at the wound and paling.

"_-___," He murmurs shakily, touching under blackening wound. You try to assure him by reaching for his hand, but you can't feel anything other than the crushing pain in your chest. A whimper leaves your throat as everything blurs. "___! S-Stay with me! I... I... I have to heal you!" Law manages worriedly.

"Bastards! What did you to her!?" Wolf's voice howls. When did he get here? You shudder again, coughing up more blood as you lose all sight. Law's voice was starting to echo, but you know he was panicked even as his voice fades.

Please... Protect the others...