T W O

the next week

i really hope today's planning goes well. to be honest, i don't even exactly know who's going on the trip. the only people i know who are going is me, brandon, kaitlyn, and sophia. if it was my choice i would just have it be me and kaitlyn. maybe brandon but i practically live with him since he's over at my place all the time.

i drive into the parking lot of a fast food restaurant and see kaitlyn's car. i park next to her's and exit the car with brandon mirroring my actions.

as we step inside i look around the tables to try and find my party.

kaitlyn's hand goes up and starts waving to us, indicating where they are.

"so where's everyone else?" i ask kaitlyn and sophia as me and brandon take a seat at the huge table. i would assume that there's a lot more people because of how many empty seats there are right now.

"they should be arriving any second now." sophia replies.

"well, while we're waiting, i'll go order us some food." brandon stands up from his chair and walks over to the cashier.

a silence passes over before we hear a group of loud boys enter the diner.

"there's my favorite girl!" sammy says to kaitlyn while opening his arms for a hug.

behind sammy is someone i thought i would never see again in my life.

oh my god.

it's jack.

"johnson!" i yell, running up to him.

"hey! long time, no see!" he hugs me around my shoulders and i wrap my arms around his torso.

"ugh, too long of a time."

"so, how has LA been treating you?" he puts his arm around my shoulder and walks along side me to our table.

"great, actually."

he's always been such an amazing friend. i could always trust him with anything and everything. he's always so concerned with your well being and i'm so grateful to have met him.

"really? man, i was going to convince you to come back home." he jokes.

"so, what are you doing here anyway?" i ignore his comment. i don't really know how i would respond to that, especially since i know there was some part of him that wasn't joking.

johnson opens his mouth but before he could respond sam speaks up to introduce everyone.

"everyone, this is derek," he points to the brunette behind him. "nate, or you can call him skate, either one." the other brunette behind him nods his head. "and G is going to be coming out in a second."

my eyes widen and i feel my stomach fall.

G?

i look at johnson and his thumb, pointer and middle finger are rubbing his temples as he shakes his head.

"oh shit, my bad" sam whispers so low that it was barely audible.

my eyebrows pinch together and i look back and forth from sam to johnson.

"sam, could i ask you something?" i stand up from my seat, hoping he will follow.

"uh, yeah" he hesitates.

"what do you mean G?" i whisper-yell. "as in gilinsky?"

"yeah.." he drags out and rubs the back of his neck.

i can literally feel my stomach on the floor and my mouth drying. my heart rate picks up, but not in a good way.

"sam! what the fuck!"

"i'm sorry!" he throws his hands up. "i kind of forgot that you two were-"

"stop."

i pace around in the corner, trying to get everything that's happening through my head.

"look, i'll try to convince him to stay here if you want." he tries to reason.

how in the world could he forget that we were together at a time? he was always there around us.

"no, it's fine. i'll stay here."

"what? no, you can't stay here."

"well, i don't want to be stuck with my ex for 3 weeks!"

"c'mon it won't be that bad."

"won't be that bad?" i narrow my eyes at him. "do you have any idea how awkward and uncomfortable it will be!?"

"i know, i-"

"guys, food is here!" sophia waves her hand, telling us to come over to the table. i walk over to the table and again, i feel my stomach turn when i see that familiar face.

he's actually here.

jack gilinsky is less than 10 feet away from me.

brandon looks up and smiles at me. "hey baby."

"hi." i say extremely quietly.

jack looks up from his phone with his mouth comfortably open. when is he not on his phone?

once his eyes meet mine he shuts his mouth and his eyes widen. he immediately breaks the eye contact.

and it begins.

lol this chapter is super short. btw the pics at the beginning of the chapter is her outfits.

{vote, comment & share}