O N E

a year later

i examine my outfit in the mirror thinking its a little too revealing. i pull down my top a bit so it covers a little more of my stomach.

i guess it doesn't really matter because i'm just meeting up with kaitlyn.

as i exit my room brandon's eyes divert from the t.v to me. he smiles up at me while i approach him.

"don't cause too much trouble without me." he says as i lean down to peck him on the cheek.

"i can't promise" i whisper and he breathes a laugh. "are you sure you don't want to come?"

"yeah, you go have fun."

"alright," i softly place a butterfly kiss on his lips.

he grabs the back of my neck and deepens the kiss.

i hum against his lips when he swipes his tongue against my top lip.

"i have to go," i mumble "but i'll see you later." i smile and walk towards the door.

he just smiles and waves goodbye to me as i'm closing the door.

i wish i could say that him and i have an official label, but we don't. i guess for now we're just a 'thing'. i think he just want to take things slow and i totally understand that. it's better that we're taking it slow than rushing into things. but to be honest, i kind of miss having a title. after that whole ordeal last year i've just missed having someone i could officially call 'mine'.

as i pull up to urth cafe, i see kaitlyn sitting outside on her phone. i exit my car and enter the cafe. the smell of coffee and cream immediately fills my nose. i've actually become a custom to the smell since i come here so often.

"finally, your here." kaitlyn complains.

"well, hello to you to." i smile and pull her into a hug. "i missed you"

"i was only gone for a week," she says as she sits down and picks up her colorful latte.

"still," i shrug "so how was jamaica with mr. wilkinson?"

"the most amazing trip i've ever had" she feigns as the waitress comes and takes my order. "jamaica is absolutely beautiful, the people are so nice and laid back. we should go together sometime!"

"no," i shake my head "i don't have enough money for that."

she must be crazy to think that my bank account can handle that. i can barely afford to go on a road trip.

"if i pay for you, will you go?"

"no, absolutely not." i say sternly. "i'm not letting you pay that much for me."

"oh c'mon, why not?"

"it's super expensive!"

"okay, what about florida?"

"where in florida?"

i guess that would be nice. at least i'll have something to do in spring break. plus, maybe brandon will finally want to take another step if we're going to be vacationing together.

"we can start off in miami, rent a beach house then drive to orlando and go to disney world!" she smiles brightly like a little girl.

she's always so bubbly and happy. i don't get how a 19 year old can get so excited over the smallest things.

after thinking about all the possible outcomes, i finally make my decision.

"fine," i cross my arms and lean back in my chair.

"really?" her smile grows bigger.

"yes," i sigh but a small smile comes across my face when i see her smile grow even bigger, if that was even possible.

"yay!" she claps her hands together "we have to plan this with everyone!"

"what do you mean 'everyone'?"

"i mean like the boys and who ever else wants to go" she says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"what? no, i only agreed to this because it was going to be only us."

"that won't be as much fun as if it were with all of our friends."

"no"

"please," she drags out slowly as if she's a little kid begging for candy.

she kind of looks like a little girl, she does this kind of puppy eyes thing and it makes her cute. i know i'm going to end up giving in sooner or later because that's how it always is with her. she has this kind of charm.

and it works every time.

"fine, but not everyone,"i say giving in, once again "only 3 or 4 more people"

"okay, mom"

"shut up"

+

i arrive into my apartment and her light snoring coming from my room. i set my things down on the counter and slowly walk into my room, trying not to wake him up.

"brandon" i whisper. i turn on the light and i see the blanket lightly draped over his waist, showing his tones abs.

he turns to the side and covers his face with the pillow, making his abdomen become more exposed.

"brandon, i have a something to tell you."

he hums and moves the pillow from his face. he smiles a boyish, tired grin and pats the spot nect to him, signaling for me to sit down next to him.

"what is it?" he puts his large hand on my thigh as i sit down next to him.

this is one of my favorite ways to see him. sleepy and groggy. his voice is raspy and low, which makes it cute and sexy at the same time.

"how would you like to go to florida for spring break?" i say lowly while running my finger up and down his muscular arm.

"that'd be nice," he hums again "just me and you on the beach." he smiles to himself.

"actually," i shift and his facial expression changes as concern washes over his face. "it's with kaitlyn and a few boys that we're friends with since high school."

"oh"

"i'm sorry but i already agreed to this and plus, we have nothing planned for break."

"it's fine," he smiles up at me and brings his arm around me.

"next time, we can go somewhere by ourselves"

"promise?"

"promise."

he pulls me down and crashes his lips with mine. i end up kissing back with as much force.

{vote, comment & share}