F I F T E E N

"woah, woah, woah, slow down." jack says as he watches me pace back and forth from my former room to the living room.

now i have no where to sleep. all the guest rooms are taken all because skate and derek didn't want to share a room. i guess for the rest of the trip i'll just be sleeping on the couch. i'm totally fine with that because this is one expensive comfortable couch.

jack catches me in his arms as i place my first tiny bags next to the couch. i didn't have time to place all of them in my suitcase.

"what jack?" i snap already exhausted even though i haven't even been awake for 2 hours.

"why are you in such a rush?" he rubs my arm trying to soothe me.

he's right. why am i in such a rush? it's not like i have anywhere to be today. i plop down on the arm rest of the sofa and sigh. "i'm sorry. i'm just tired and have too much on my mind."

he stands right in front of me and brings his hands from my upper arm to my hands so he can put them in his.

"how about we go out for dinner then?"

"jack gilinsky, are you asking what i think your asking?" i slightly smile and so does he.

"depends what you think i'm asking."

"well, if i'm not mistaken, i would think your asking to take me on a date."

"and you are 100% correct." he smile grows wider, which makes me giggle.

he always finds away to make me smile.

"then yes, i would love to go out with you."

"yes!" he murmurs to himself. i laugh at his excitement. "so, dinner at 7?"

i nod in response and his childish grin makes his eyes crinkle.

+

after all the boys went out around 2, kaitlyn and i planned in going out as well. kaitlyn said she had our day planned and that we would spend most of our times at the malls/gallerias. of course, that's all she ever wants to do. i don't even know where she gets all this money from.

i get ready and by the time i'm done kaitlyn is also. we both head out of the penthouse and wait for our uber to arrive.

"are you ready to shop 'till we drop?" kaitlyn asks enthusiastically as we stand outside.

"sure."

she gives me a dirty look because of my flat answer, but before she can make a witty comment our uber driver pulls up in front of us.

the car ride was very short considering we are staying where all the shops and hotels are. both kaitlyn and i thank the driver and exit the car.

"this mall is stunning." kaitlyn feigns as we enter the mall. it's supposed to be one of the newer malls here, and it does look very modern.

"can we go into topshop, i actually do want to get a few things." i ask as we walk around looking for something interesting.

she whips her head towards me with a shocked face. i'm never really the one to be just buying anything that catches my eye. "of course we can!"

"what do you need to get here? maybe i could help you." she offers as she goes through the countless number of racks.

she doesn't even know that me and brandon are no longer together. i'm surprised she hasn't suspected anything since me and brandon are never even 5 feet near each other unless we're yelling each others lungs out. she also doesn't know that jack asked me out on a date.

"for a date." i say trying to be as nonchalant as possible.

she gasps, "brandon is finally taking you out?"

"no," i drag out.

"what? oh, are you guys doing one of those dates where it's like-"

"no, thats not what i meant." i cut her off.

"then what?"

"i'm not going on a date with brandon."

"what the hell? then who?" i look at her with a guilty smile but she still doesn't seem to catch on. "this isn't a game show nova, just tell me."

i sigh and am still trying to act nonchalant as i just keep looking though the different clothes. "it's with jack." i barely say above a whisper.

"oh my god, what?!" she practically shouts.

"keep your voice down."

"hold on, what? since when? i thought you guys finally got closure."

"i mean we did, but-"

"but true love finally worked its wonders." she sighs happily and bats her eyelashes.

"what, no. it's not 'true love'. we dated in high school."

"and? you guys lasted almost 4 years. from sophmore year high school to freshman year college. if it wasn't true love, this wouldn't be happening."

i shrug off her theory. what she's saying is completely ridiculous. it's not like this is some fairy tale princess story and we run off into the sunset happily ever after. i'm not going to lie and say theres nothing between jack and i, but it's not love. at least now. he even told me he didn't love me.

"i am so happy for you!" kaitlyn squeals. "i've always liked jack more than brandon."

"what? i thought you liked brandon."

"i mean i did but, jack is way better." she chuckles. "you can ask anyone that we're friends with, everyone liked jack more."

"like who?" why am i only being told this now?

"practically everyone thats on this trip."

"even sam?"

"yup."

"but sam and brandon got along so well."

she bursts out into fits of laughter. "maybe sam should become an actor then."

how am i only seeing this now? i mean, now that i look back at it, no one was really eager to hang out with brandon but i didn't know that they didn't like him. i mean of course they liked jack better, they're all best friends.

"why did no one tell me?"

"because you seemed happy with him, but everyone knew you two wouldn't last. we all saw that he wasn't good for you."

{vote, comment, & share}

wow i'm actually updating frequently