T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

Ouch.

That hurt. Normally he's the type to be pushy as fuck and make me give in, but today, he's different.

I see Mackenzie come behind him and he turns around, a smile instantly appearing on his face. His hands land on her ass, she has a smirk on her face and I grip onto the locker door.

He was doing it on purpose, I know it. I slam the locker door closed as I walk past them. My eyes began to sting but I quickly wipe my eyes.

I wasn't going to cry at school. That wasn't an option for me. I head towards the back of the school where I throw my backpack on the floor as I sit on the bench.

The door opens, revealing Grayson and I sigh.

"You okay Mal? You seemed tense back there" he kneels down and I shake my head.

"No Gray. I'm not okay." I look into his eyes which held a soft look to them.

"Tell me what's wrong, Malia. Please?"

"I have feelings for Ethan"

Grayson's POV

Part of me hoped that I wouldn't hear those words come out of her mouth, but they did, and there's nothing I can do about it.

"I know" I say as I sit down next to her.

"You do? Is it that obvious?" I shake my head and she sighs in relief.

"Not really, I guess I noticed it because of the way you two act towards eachother" I mean it was true. Ethan has never treated any girl the way he's treated Malia.

"Gray, what am I gonna do?" She looks down at the floor as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Fuck other guys" she looks at me with her eyebrow raised and I chuckle.

"Gray, I'm being serious" she smacks my arm and I laugh harder.

"So am I. I mean, you two did say no relationships right? Which means you are able to be with who ever you want. I won't judeg you, I mean look at me."

"One thing, I'm not a hoe" she rolls her eyes and gets up.

"Malia, I get that your hurting right now. I would be too if I was in your position. Just please, don't beat yourself up over it" I wrap my arms around her and engulf her in a hug.

I remember hitting on her, telling her all sorts of things, and now? I'm defending her as if she was my sister. She's become an important part of my life, just as much as she's become in Ethan's life. No matter how much he doesn't want to admit it.

-----

Malia's POV

I head into the girls locker room and I drop everything on the floor. If Ethan is allowed to fuck other people, then I am too. That was part of the deal.

Avery isn't here today, so I guess I'm alone in P.E today.

No relationships...nothing. Why does this all feel so foreign? Like I've never heard it before. When clearly I have.

Maybe I should just listen to Grayson. Ethan is ignoring me, so why not.

-----

Ethan's POV

I enter the boys locker room and head towards my locker, I had forgot my folder for math so I needed to go and get it. The shower was going off, so someone must have been showering.

What fucking scares the shit out of me is hearing moaning. I close my locker and look in the showers.

That's when I see her. Malia being fucked up against the wall as the shower is going off. I grip the folder, and by now I'm pretty sure it's all crumpled. Why the fuck was she with him? I fucking hated him, of all people, she had to had sex with him. I wanted to run up to them and rip him off of her, but I couldn't.