“I’m not going to submit to you,” she shouted, but her voice lacked anger and instead projected a teasing tone.

Again, she made a grab for his arms, one hand gripping his shoulder to stable herself as the other arm lunged for the phone. Chase laughed and didn’t move from where he stood, but extended his arm backwards so she had to lean over his head to reach for it. Her chest inevitably pushed into his face and he took in a breath of her scent as he snickered against her breasts, “I like where this is going.”

Krislynn pulled back instantly and then frowned before extending her hand. “Please Chase!” She begged. “Before I come over to the other side and kick you.”

He laughed. “Then I’ll just kick you back,” he said. “Come on. Just say it. Who wants the phone?”

Krislynn hesitated as she fidgeted with the corner of her shirt. Finally, she sighed before glaring up at him with a playful pout on her face. “Piggy does,” she said helplessly. “Piglet wants the phone.”

Chase burst into laughter which only caused Krislynn’s cheeks to flush a deep red. “Shut up,” she screamed. “You’re sick and retarded! I have no idea why you think it’s funny! Now give it.”

He gently tossed the cellphone to her and watched her slump back down on the loveseat as she played around with the new, little device. “You’re so rude,” he muttered, taking a seat beside her as he pulled out his own phone from his other pocket. “Can’t you say thank you after?”

“Not after you made me say all that,” she growled. “And then laughed after!”

Chase rolled his eyes at her before playing with a few features on his own phone. Her temper was as bad as ever, but she was amused easily, and almost after a moment of fooling around with the device, had completely forgotten about it. “It’s so cool,” she chirped. “I can go on the internet and everything with it!”

“Most phones can,” he muttered. “Your old phone was just completely ghetto.”

Krislynn stuck her tongue out at him, but kept her gaze focused entirely on her phone. “And you even added Michelle and everybody’s number in here.” Her voice grew irritated. “Along with the fire department, the police, and your favourite Chinese take-out place.”

“Yup,” he said nonchalantly. “Hey Krislynn, smile.”

She looked up – eyebrows furrowed – obviously pissed off that he was treating her like a kid and felt a bright flash suck the soul out of her. Krislynn shook her head and blinked repeatedly until the spots of random colors cleared from her sight. “What was that for? Did you just take a picture of me?”

“For my call display when you phone,” he explained before giving her a toothy grin. “Want to see it?” Krislynn quickly nodded and he positioned his phone so that they could both look at the welcome screen. “Go ahead. Call me.”

Krislynn did as she was told and then watched his phone as the screen turned black and the words ‘Incoming Call’ was displayed on the screen. It lasted a brief half second before the picture of a fat pig rolling in the mud appeared with the name ‘Krislynn’ right beneath it. Immediately, her jaw fell as he broke into laughter. “The picture turned out well, didn’t it?” He laughed. “You’re so photogenic! I’m so jealous!”