Chapter Three - Searching for Love

Here you go.....I hope you enjoy it.    Let me know what you think and please....please VOTE and COMMENT!!!

Many thanks!

S xo

Chapter Three

I‘m loving the new gown that Stephen had purchased for me.   I asked Irina for advice on the color and fabric and she had to agree with Stephen, blue would look beautiful on me.   With my dark chestnut hair, my porcelain skin…..blue on me makes my eyes stand out more, instead of looking green, they look more like the ocean.

I explained to Irina that I was not allowed to display my charms, but she told me that she would put them out on display, but nothing that would make Stephen upset. 

Hmmmm….how do you like that?  

He expects me to find someone to love and marry, but I know men, they want to see what they are going to get.   The bodice is done in navy blue crushed velvet, three quarter sleeves trimmed in white lace.   My bodice is low cut but with the trimming of white lace, the scoop neck appears to be much higher.  Stephen should approve.  

I’m leaving my hair down, all cascading curls down my back.   The sides are being pinned up with my diamond combs.    I’ll be wearing my sapphire and diamond necklace with my gown, the colors will work perfectly.

“Clarissa, you look beautiful!  Thank you for taking my advice on the cut and color of the gown, all the other woman invited here this evening will be envious of you." 

“Thank you Stephen, you look handsome as well.   When will your guests be arriving?”

“We have about 20 minutes until they arrive.   I would like you to stand with me and greet our guests.”

So many people have come through, I don’t know how I’m going to remember all of their names.   I hope Stephen doesn’t expect me to, because I’m sure that I’ll be making a mistake or two.    Oh….well here comes three dashing devils.   These must be Stephen’s closer friends that he’s been waiting for.

“Gentlemen, so nice of you to come.   Let me introduce you to my ward, Lady Clarissa Remmington”