Good News

Melanie was a young cheerful girl, with a bright personality, and beautiful as can be. She comes from a wealthy family, and a loving household.

All the maids and butler's adored sweet little Melanie, however, they preferred to call her, Melo.

"Melanie! Where are you?"

She giggled as she bursted out from the pile of leaves, "Coming, Mother!" She assured cheerfully.

She was always out and about, running around the house, chasing bees in the garden, riding her tricycle in the ball room, Melanie was always up to something.

"I'm here Mother," she said and sat at the dining table, "You called?"

"Yes my darling, lunch is ready. Eat up before your tummy feels bad." Her Mother said.

"Hehe, ok!"

Melanie's mother was well known, she was one of Korea's best makeup artist, she's worked with Actors, Models, and even a few Idols.

Her husband was also well known, for his name was, Ok Taecyeon.

"Good morning my two, beautiful favorite girls." Her father greeted as he entered the dining room and sweetly pecked her mother's lips.

"Daddy!" Melanie cheered and spread her arms out to him, he carried her and kissed her cheek.

Melanie was a very fortunate child, yet she always remained humble, she attended a regular public school, and made friends all the time. She wasn't no spoiled brat and frankly, her family wasn't snobby.

The Ok family, just happened to be one of the few best people anyone could meet.

Mr. Ok sat Melanie back in her chair as he took his, beside his wife.

The servants quickly took action and began to serve the Ok family, and bring in well prepared lunch. Melanie watched in amazement as she always did.

"Wow. All this food for me? Yummy!" She said and grabbed her fork.

"Don't be greedy, Melanie," her mother told her, "This is for everyone, where's your manners?"

Melanie frowned and put down her utensil.

Mr. Ok chuckled light heartedly, "Honey she's just a little girl, let the child be." He said.

His wife sighed faintly and nods.

Soon, the Ok family began to enjoy their meal.

Melanie enjoyed family meals, it was very rare they eat as a whole family. She's an only child so she has no one to play with, aside from her parents when they're home. When they're not, it's up to the maids, and butler's to keep Melanie entertained. She's always wished for a little brother, or a sister, but after a misfortune event took place, her parents never got around to it.

Even so, Melanie still remained grateful.

The married couple exchanged looks and watched their daughter devour her sandwich.

Melanie swallowed and met their gaze, "What is it?" She asked.

Mrs. Ok looked at her husband.

Mr. Ok sighed, "Melanie... my sweet little Melo. We're going away for 3 months and-"

"What?" Melanie mumbled and felt a little ache in her heart.

"We won't be gone for long, we'll be back before you know it." Her mother assured.

Normally, Melanie wouldn't complain, but she always wanted to, she knows better but sometimes, at times like this, she wishes to throw tantrums.

"But you guys just got back..." she reminded sadly.