Chapter Thirty Three

I slept the entire way home from Tuscaloosa it had already been a long night with the game and everything and now there would be a party at Shanes. He insisted it is at his house after all he was the captain of the newly crowned state champions. We would get back home around eleven o clock, which meant this party would go pretty late into the night. Also, almost everyone who was at the game would be at the party which was almost the whole North View student body. It was gonna be crazy for sure Shane hadn't had a party in a while, but his parties were always known for having an all-you-can-drink bar and an anything-goes atmosphere.

Upon arriving at his house, Shane gently nudged me awake. "Elli we're home," he said softly.

"That was fast." I sat up and opened the door of Colin's truck getting out of the vehicle. I turned my head towards the street and noticed the cars already filling the street the people in them getting out some had food others had alcohol. the four of us walked up to the front door a sea of green and gold behind us.

Shane unlocked the door and kids quickly poured in, music was turned on drinks were beginning to be made and the party was on. Shane and I danced together for a while enjoying the celebratory mood and music. After that, we headed upstairs where someone was playing a video of tonight's game in the media room we watched that hanging on to every play until Shane got a text from Colin.

"Oh god, Mer must be drunk out of her mind," Shane said staring down at his phone screen. "What did she do this time?" I asked meeting his gaze. "She's in the pool and Colin needs help getting her out." I giggled a little bit even though I was well aware that it was below 30 degrees and Mer could very well freeze to death.

"Alright then let's go get her out of the pool." Shane smiled and nodded his head and we headed out to the backyard. We quickly spotted Miranda who was stripped down to just her underwear splashing around in the middle of the pool, Colin was by the stairs trying to coax her out. Shane and I stood behind him.

"Miranda you have to get out of the pool its thirty degrees outside," I yelled out at her. "But Elli it's a party!" She whined back at me. Colin stood up picking up the beer that was next to him and taking a sip. " How long has she been in there?" Shane asked.

"About ten minutes and she won't get out I'm concerned she"ll get hypothermia if she doesn't get out soon."

"we"ll get her out, I'm gonna go grab some towels so that when we do get her out she gets warm," I stated while Shane and Colin stood there scheming up a plan.

"that's a good idea, Elli, thank you." Shane smiled at me then I turned to go back into the house. I pushed through the living area where all the dancing was going on and got to the foyer I took a left and opened the door to the master bedroom and got a few towels out from the linen closet. I then reentered the foyer area when a boy with brown hair and brown eyes approached me. "Hey Ellianna, have you seen Shane, I wanted to talk to him about football stuff for next year."

The boy talking to me was Blaine Gallant, the junior captain and backup quarterback of the North View football team. I was about to respond to him when I saw someone walk through the front door, someone I didn't want to talk to at all. "fuck" I cursed under my breath as I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest I had to get Shane.

"Ellianna what's wrong?" Blaine snapped me out of it. " I need a favor Blaine, talk to Austin I've gotta get Shane."

"Okay what do I say?" he responded.

"Anything, and if he asks if you know where I am, say you last saw me upstairs." Then I turned and ran back outside pushing through the hoard of drunk teenagers. I swung open the back door and practically ran over to where Shane and Colin were. They had just pulled Miranda out of the pool. I threw the towels on the ground and pulled Shane to the side.