Chapter Forty Eight

It had been about a week and a half since our little gang had put on the heist of my stuff at my house. Miranda and I did end up grabbing a surprisingly useful lot of items and clothing, which was good because it meant Shane didn't have to buy me that much extra.

I must admit I have enjoyed living with him for the past 10 days. We had movies nights and fell asleep on the couch together, we cooked each other our favorite meals and we did our homework together every night which was helping my advanced chem grade.

Out of the ten nights I had been here Mr.Anderson only came home once, I simply locked myself away in what was now basically my bedroom for the night, Shane brought me dinner upstairs and kept me company. After that, we went to bed and by the morning, Shane's dad was gone.

Tonight was another night like that, a Wednesday night to be exact and Mr.Anderson had come home. Shane brought me some dinner upstairs and we did our homework together in the guest room just like we did every night.

"I think that's it for me for the night, what about you?" I asked Shane as I began to pack up my school supplies.

"Yeah, I'm finished too."

"What time is it?" I said with a yawn. Shane picked up his phone and checked the time.

"It's Eleven, are you going to bed?" I nodded my head "yeah I think so." I said back.

"I'm sure my dad will be gone in the morning, but in case he's not, just wait for me to come to get you or text you in the morning okay?"

"And what if he's not gone, then what?" I asked him.

"We figure it out in the morning, I'm sure we can think of some way to sneak you out for school." I giggled.

"We always do figure it out don't we."

"Do you need me to bring you anything before you go to sleep?" Shane picked up all his school supplies and put them in his backpack.

"No, I'm okay," I told him with a smile. Shane got up off the bed and stood up.

"Well if you need anything, text me and I'll bring it to you okay?" I stood up too.

"Okay, goodnight Shane," I told him. Wrapping my arms around his neck in an embrace.

"Goodnight Elli, I love you." Shane leaned in and gave me a gentle kiss.

"I love you too," I told him back after we broke apart. Then Shane walked out with his stuff closing the door behind him as quietly as he could.

"Shane, what are you doing over there?" Oh no, that was Shanes dad.

"Nothing, dad just looking for something." He said back. I felt my heart beat faster in my chest.

"What are you looking for?" Mr.Anderson questioned.

"Uh I just wanted an extra pillow, I got one." He said back. I leaned my ear closer to the wall. To try and eavesdrop a little better.

"Well go to bed, I need peace to relax."

"Hey dad, try not to drink so much tonight," Shane asked him.

"I'm the adult and ill do whatever the fuck I want, now get your ass to bed!" Shanes dad screamed at him. I got a little scared too, not only for myself but for my boyfriend. I stood there silently and wished he wouldn't say anything back.

To my delight, he didn't. I stood there for a moment making sure the argument was over. When I heard Shanes door shut I was sure it was. So I tucked myself into bed and fell asleep.

That was until I heard my bedroom door creak open.

"Shane?" I sat up a bit to see a shadowy figure in the doorway.