Part III - Now Where Could She Be?

Start from the beginning

Don't worry, I really am fine, so you can stop having a panic attack.

Love,

Mia

I kissed the scroll and handed it to X. X turned around and tied the scroll to a messenger hawk.

X turned back around and placed an arm around my shoulder. "Right then. You all set to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's go."

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

Day 4, Morning, Sakura's POV

Sakura looked over the note from the toad, and glanced over as Sasori entered the room.

"Naruto, Sasuke and Jiraiya think they have our guy," Sakura said, standing up and holding out the note to Sasori.

"Let's hope so," Sasori said, his voice silky smooth, "because all the teleporters I've found seem to be in the clear." He took the note and scanned over it, his eyes narrowing. "... If this really is our guy... we'll need to meet up with them and track him down. I will inform Leader-sama. You inform them, Kakashi, and Konoha of our plans."

"Yes, Shisho," Sakura said solemnly.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

Day 3, Noon, Kakashi's POV

Ryozo gasped, spitting out blood as he rolled over away from his heavily burned side. Kakashi, panting heavily, stood over him. Aside from a few scraps and burnt hair, he was relatively fine.

"Tell me what I need to know," Kakashi growled out, digging a foot into Ryozo's burn. The man writhed in pain, squirming and whimpering.

"Now," Kakashi bit out, digging his foot deeper in.

"What difference would it make?" Ryozo finally hissed out. "He failed!"

"Who failed?" Kakashi asked, his eyes narrowing.

Ryozo squirmed. "I-I don't know his name. I just know that he was after her... after her ability... her... her kekkei genkai!"

Kakashi blinked in surprise. But Mia doesn't... oh.

"Then who has her?" Kakashi asked.

Ryozo shook his head. "No one knows! It seemed like someone interfered with the kidnapping - something took her before he could!"

Kakashi took his foot out, chewing over this information. "... Any idea where?"

Ryozo shook his head again.

"I see," Kakashi said quietly. "Then you're of no more use to me."

There was a flash of metal, and the whimpers stopped.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

Day 3, Two Minutes Until Midnight, Obito's POV

Obito continued to sit on his bed, staring at the picture of Mia. Emotions swirled inside him and he cursed himself again for not getting rid of Kabuto the moment he laid eyes on him as Mia had instructed him to.

What if I really do never see her again? Obito asked himself. His fingers traced on the outline of her face. And what if he truly never saw her again? What if he had failed again in protecting the most treasured person he ever held?