Part II - What is She to You?

Disclaimer: ... D: I don't, sadly, own Naruto.

Warning: Fighting and... a... T-Rated moment.

Beta: featherstofly

Second Beta: Lavendor Queen

Editor: Sansho

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

"I'll be heading back to Konoha tomorrow," I said thoughtfully. Obito was spread out on the couch in his room, head resting in my lap at my request so I could mess with his hair. Not that I could really do much with it, but it was insanely soft. Softer than mine—softer than Sakura's, and that was saying something. I wondered idly if all Uchiha had hair this soft. I'd have to try and play with Itachi's and Sasuke's hair to test out my theory.

"Indeed you will be," Obito replied.

I bit my bottom lip, feeling my stomach drop and heart quicken as I recalled my last conversation with Anko.

"Obito?"

"Mm?"

"I, um... I..." Don't do this to yourself, Mia. Don't do it. Don't do it. "Why don't you talk about her a lot?"

Obito stiffened considerably, his eyes and face guarded. "Why do you ask?"

I felt uncomfortable, I wanted to change the subject, but part of what Anko had said so long ago made me desperately want an answer.

"So, what? He's obsessed over his dead ex-girlfriend?"

"Kind of. It's more like unrequited dead love."

"Fuck, this guy sounds like a loser. Give up on him, Mia."

"Anko-chan!"

"You're seriously considering this? Well, does he talk about her a lot?"

"Well, no."

"Does he have any mementoes of her?"

"No, but he does have a good reason for that."

"Whatever. You're sure you're his best friend?"

"Yes!"

"And he doesn't talk about her with you?"

"No?"

"Maybe he didn't really love her."

"Oh, trust me, he did. He's doing some crazy shit especially for her. Well not especially for her, but pretty much."

"No, I mean, maybe he did, but he got over it."

"I highly doubt that."

"Maybe he did. Maybe he did and he doesn't want to. Maybe he thinks that if he was over her, he'd be, like, betraying her or something. Maybe he doesn't talk about her because he doesn't know what to say anymore. Like, I don't know, he's conflicted. Part of him wants to move on, but part of him wants to cling to her."

"Holy shit, what would I do if that was true?"

"Give him a reason to move on. But first, you gotta confirm."

I shrugged in response, unable to meet his growing colder gaze. "I just... I can listen, you know? I don't... I mean sometimes... Sometimes it's better to talk about someone, and you don't have anyone else to listen to you. I guess Zetsu would, but..."