Chapter 30: Casual Conversations

Chapter Thirty

{~Vera~}

Consider my options and his feelings. Consider my options and his feelings. Consider my options and his feelings. Zebastian was deathly silent. I took a deep breath.

"How do you know that I'm pregnant?" I asked calmly.

"I can feel her inside you." He murmured. My eyes widened.

"Her?" I asked.

"Yes." His voice was a whisper. "Her." I brought my hands up to my womb.

"How far along am I?" I asked.

"Second trimester."

"How long have you known?"

"When the heart developed." And he didn't tell me then?

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked.

"I didn't want you to abort her." He whispered scared. Wait, what. Zebastian wants another kid?

"I thought..."

"I didn't, not until Lucian. But then I heard her heartbeat and I just had a calling. I want to be a father, I want to create beautiful children with you, I want them to grow up in better family conditions than me, I want products of us. I didn't know how you'd take it, because I knew you wanted to wait. I don't want to wait anymore. I want a family, I want Lucian to have brothers and sisters. I wanted you to keep her." I was speechless.

"We haven't had time to think of a name." I murmured.

"Oh, I was hoping you'd leave that up to me."

"Huh?"

"Saoirse Elle Kallistos." He said proudly. "She'll be beautiful I can tell. Keep her, please, Vera."

I couldn't say no. I didn't want to say no. I told him we had forever, I told him whatever happened happened. And the look in his eyes, God, he loved the child and she wasn't even born yet. It's he same way he looks at Lucian. Fatherly love.

"Saoirse, such a beautiful name." I smiled. "I'm sure she and Lucian will get along just fine." Zebastian beamed and picked me up.

"God, I fucking love you." He breathed into my hair. "Let's go, now."

Ooh, exciting. I've never seen Zebastian so aroused ever. What's the big deal now?

"Someone's really impatient." I giggled as he set me down on the gigantic white bed.

"Vera, you have no idea how badly I wanted to rip that dress off of you when I first saw you." He growled as he pulled my heels off. His lips were inches from mine and I was only waiting for him to kiss me. "I've waited far too long for this moment."

"You know we didn't have to wait till the end of the reception to go to our honeymoon." I scolded him. He rolled his eyes, I laughed.

"What?" He asked, he showed his pearly whites as he smiled.

"You just rolled your eyes." I giggled.

He bit his lip, probably debating on whether or not he wanted to say anything. He didn't. He simply reached up and cupped my face in his hands and kissed me long and deep. It set my body on fire. His teeth grazed my bottom lip, then tugged. I giggled. He pulled away from me and pulled me up.

"Let's get you out of this dress, yes?" He said and turned me around.

In one swift movement, he unzipped the dress and pulled me out of it. His desperation knew no bounds. I squealed as he still held me with one arm. He moved the dress aside and set me down just to look at me. Oh, I knew I looked good under the dress. I had on all white lingerie, my stockings were flesh colored, and my garter was white. Zebastian groaned.

"Told ya we should've left early." I teased and began to pull the millions of pins out of my hair. Once they were all on the floor I shook my hair out and looked at Zebastian, he looked like he was ready to explode.

"I just don't get how you can look so fucking good all the time." He murmured. "Take it off."

"No, no, I just wanna see you strip." I said and sat back on the bed.

He grinned, and that's when I knew that I would be the one begging afterwards. He undid his bow tie and tossed it to me. I caught it with a giggle and turned back to him. He took his clothes off at a agonizingly slow pace. Off with his suit jacket, then his shirt. Ugh, he was perfect. He stood in his pants and shoes still, I could feel the temperature of the room increase by a significant degree. Jesus, just one look and he's already got me on the edge.

"Stop torturing me." I whispered mesmerized. His eyes darkened.

I scooted to the edge of the bed where I pulled Zebastian to me by his waist. God, his body was firm. I raked his body with my eyes before finally meeting his gaze. His eyes spoke for him.

"Your pants."

"Take them off." He said huskily. I shivered in delight.

"Ok."

This was excitingly, erotically romantic. I reached down and untied his laced on his shoes and pulled them off. I then undid his pants and pushed them down, leaving him in his briefs and socks. Jesus, this man is a God. I wet my lips and gazed up at him. He pushed me back up on the bed and hovered above me, his breath fanned my skin. All I could think about was how bad I wanted him. A small, devious smile danced on his lips as he moved to strip the rest of my clothes off. He slowly slid my stockings off, careful not to rip them. Then took off my garter and tossed it. I sucked in a sharp breath as he kissed my inner thigh. If he kept moving this slow, by the time we make love it'll be sunrise! I jerked my hips up and he grinned.

"Who's the impatient one now?" He teased and brought his lips up to mine.

With utter gracefulness he swiftly unclasped my bra and tossed it aside, then pulled my underwear off. I pushed his briefs down and he took them off with his socks. I kissed his jawline and his neck. He positioned himself between my legs. As he slid in he made sure to keep eye contact with me, and I couldn't break it. I moaned low and grabbed him, pulling him closer than he already was.

"Oh, Zebastian." I moaned into his ear. He groaned and stroked long, deep, and slowly.

I didn't want him to go faster. I intertwined my fingers in his hair and held his gaze the whole time.

"Oh, Vera, Christ." He moaned and brought hips to mine.

His hypnotic rhythm had me curling my toes, tugging his hair, digging my fingers into his skin, moaning, groaning, panting, and whining. I felt myself building up. I was going to have an orgasm of a lifetime. Zebastian grabbed the headboard for support and thrusted deeper. My body arched to his. I felt my muscles tighten in my body, then I let out an completely unintelligible scream as my body exploded into ecstasy with Zebastian's.

Zebastian stroked my skin, the sun was going down again. We had left the bed only a few times and that was to get food to energize ourselves before we went another round. I was radiant, exhausted, happy, and in complete bliss.

"What else do you remember?" I asked him.

"The first moment I laid eyes on you." He said with a smile. "The look on my brothers face when he saw me appear."

"I remember the look on his face too." I giggled. Zebastian smiled. "Do you miss him?"

"Xephren?"

"N'aw, Kalderion." I said sarcastically, Zebastian narrowed his eyes at me before he nipped my nose.

"Yes." He said with a sigh. "Sometimes I do. Xephren's part of the reason why I want Lucian to have siblings. We were fortunate, Lucian's not a freak like I was."

"You weren't a freak." I grumbled. Zebastian rolled his eyes.

"Do you love him?" Zebastian asked. I furrowed my brow. "Lucian."

"What kind of question is that, of course I love him!"

"You seem kind of distant with him." Zebastian murmured. "Like you wish he wasn't there."

"I give you that impression?" I whispered, choking on my own voice.

"Yes." Zebastian said firmly. "I... I don't know if it's because of the way you grew up, or what. But I kind of wanted to talk about it before Saoirse gets here. Then again, maybe I'm just being over protective of Lucian's well-being because he's a boy. It's just that... I see myself in Lucian, I understand him. He is honestly the best thing, the best gift you've ever given me. I've never been proud of another being like I am him, and it worries me because you don't feel the same." I frowned.

"I didn't want him." I finally admitted. "But he clung to me. I couldn't let him go. And he just... sometimes he would make me so mad, because he was so fed up with wondering about you. And you were the last person I wanted to see." Zebastian propped himself up on his elbow and watched me.

"Vera, don't hold back. Tell me, I'm not going to be mad at you." He said gently.

"I was mad at myself because I broke your heart back to back. Then I was mad at you for not letting me go. You didn't trust me, you shut down on me and I just... it pissed me off because you are the most powerful piece of flesh I know. You just... you were so weak and powerless. I wanted to yell at you, I wanted to hit you but I only knew I'd stay if I did. Leaving you was the worst decision of my life. I didn't care what Kalder said, I should've stayed. I should've. Lucian would still be here, and maybe I would appreciate his presence more had you witnessed his birth. Maybe I would appreciate him more if I had you with me the whole way. It was just bad timing, all of it. But I love Lucian, I do. There's nothing that could replace the love I have for my child." I didn't know why I was cry or when I started to cry, I just knew that this was not how I expected our second day on our honeymoon to go,

Zebastian wrapped me in his arms and placed his chin on my head. "It's okay." He coaxed. "My father neglected me because I was a monster, it took my mother to convince him that I was an Angel. With us it just so happens to be backwards, and that's okay. Because guess what? My dad loved me, and you love Lucian. Everything will be alright. I just needed to know why. Now, I understand." He kissed my hair.

After that it was pretty silent. Zebastian hadn't let go of me and we didn't say a single word. We simply watched the sun disappear into the ocean as watched the moon and stars come up and shine.

"I believe we spent a whole day fucking." I murmured.

"Making love, I would say, Mrs. Kallistos." Zebastian beamed.

"I love this romance, Mr. Kallistos." I smiled feeling the weight of our previous conversation vanish.

"I had an epiphany." He murmured softly. "When I was thinking about proposing to you. I just... I saw you happy and I never knew how looking at your joyful face made me happy. I never thought about it. I was always so focused on keeping you safe and sound from my enemies and fucking you to sleep that I never considered your happiness." He sighed heavily. "It was like after that I had become a changed man."

"I'm sure there's still some Old Zebastian in there, but I like the New Zebastian as well. He's husband and daddy material." I gushed.

"I hope I can be a good dad for our girl." He said and stroked my stomach. "Girls are really important to me."

"Oh, I know, look at how you treat Sera."

"Saoirse will have it a lot worse." He murmured. "She's the first daughter of The Lord. She'll have a lot of men after her for power."

"That's why she'll have us to teach her the ways." I beamed at him. "Don't worry, I'm pretty good with understanding girls, Zebastian." He laughed.

"I want her to be like you, beautiful, sweet, strong, kind, brave... you know, just like you." He said as he twirled a lock of hair around his finger. "So, now that we're on Earth what would you like to do?"

"Sleep." I admitted with a laugh. "Looking at the ocean makes me want to go for a dip, but I can't move my limbs."

"Oh, don't over exaggerate, Vera, I went easy on you." Zebastian rolled his eyes. I just gaped at him.

"I'm not going to argue." I grumbled and nuzzled into his perfect chest. "Don't ever let me go." I said softly.

"The irony in that request." He chuckled softly. "You're the one always leaving me."

"And that's what scares me so much, I left you out of fear and hurt... you could easily grow tired of me, tired of my attitude and my carelessness and leave."

"Now, why would I do a thing like that when you've become so important to me?" He asked looking down at me. "Vera, I'll never leave you. How many times do I need to tell you that?" I just shook my head and nuzzled his chest again.

"Go to sleep." I murmured.

"I'm not tired, princess." He said as he ran his fingers up and down my bare back.

"Then I'll stay up with you." Zebastian laughed at me and nipped my nose.

"Go to sleep, baby, you're exhausted." He smiled. I grumbled.

"Will I ever be able to oppose you?"

"Perhaps after we're through with having children. Until then, you'll have to get all the sleep you and Saoirse need, and food. So sleep, Vera, you're carrying my child." I dunno why but that just made me grin wildly.

"Alright Papa Zeb." I giggled. I leaned up and kissed him then finally drifted to sleep.

It was nice knowing that we weren't the only ones on the island. I'm sure I would've been slightly concerned. Although, I do still wonder how and what made Zebastian choose this island. He looked down at me with raised brows.

"Mind sharing?" He asked as we walked through the fresh market.

"Just thinking about how beautiful this place is. The weather is great." I beamed at him.

"I was paranoid about choosing it. I didn't know if you liked hot places or cold places." He said squeezing my hand.

"I prefer to be in the heat."

"I prefer to be in the cold." Zebastian countered. I raised my brow.

"Are you opposing me for the fun of it?"

"No, I genuinely like being in cold areas. Whenever I'd lose control and leave the Underworld, I'd go to the some of the coldest places on Earth. I tolerate the heat."

"I don't like being cold." I murmured. "When I was in school it was all about relationships. When it got cold, couples would cuddle and kiss and-ugh. Just thinking about it makes me mad." Zebastian raised his brow.

"You have me, you know."

"Never took you for the cuddling type." I said and tugged him over to a fine display of peaches. I love peaches. I found myself buying a few and eating them as I walked away.

"Vera, if my definition of cuddling is the same as yours then we've cuddled every night."

"We can't cuddle without sex." I said with a raised brow. "It's legitimately impossible. You cannot sleep in the same bed as me and not have sex with me."

"Is that a challenge?"

"It's a fact." I said confidently. "I'd love to cuddle with you without sex, and kiss and giggle like little teenagers because I never had stuff like that."

"You are so weird." Zebastian laughed. "Adorable, yet weird. If that's what you wanted then why haven't you asked? I'm not that much of a beast anymore."

"I never really thought about it. I didn't think we'd make it this far, or make it out of Wonderland." I shrugged.

"There's no way I was going to let you stay there."

"I know, your dad told me." I smiled. "Oh, speaking of Wonderland, I've got news for you."

"Oh?" He said confused yet interested.

"I've taken ownership of the island. It's mine to do as I please." I started.

"So what are your plans?" Ooh, professional Zebastian, I like.

"To tear it down, and rebuild it. Wonderland is a mans paradise. Women have the power there, yet they're treated inferior. So, I want to make it look like a wonderland and not like a whorehouse."

"And what of the women?"

"That's what I'm still mulling that over. I don't know how all of the women feel about being in Wonderland." I murmured.

"Then here's what you do, you survey them. The ones that love it stay, the ones that don't go home-after we wipe their memories of course."

"What about new women?"

"Don't do like Adonis did and go after young girls. It's not fair, they haven't lived. Pick the ones that are on the edge, they're typically the ones that eventually fall in love with this place." Zebastian said. "Now, what of the men?"

"Instead of doing like Adonis and the Mistress did, we're going to make it so the men know what the girls like and dislike. I don't want the girls injured, and I definitely don't want the men displeased. So, we will make it so that the women know what the men are into and vice versa, we'll pair them up by that. But, I'm also thinking more of making it so they can have whoever they want whenever they want. It's just too chaotic."

"We?" He asked. "And if you're going to make it based off cravings then split it up. Those who don't mind sleeping with different men would love that, and there's a lot of them there. You can have both, just make sure everyone stays in their lane."

"Yes, we. I'm the owner, the Adonis of Wonderland. Sasha and Janet are my Mistresses. I won't be at Wonderland everyday, so they'll be in control of things, keeping everything in order." I explained. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Men will want you." He murmured.

"They wouldn't dare to challenge you." I reassured. He snickered.

"Of course they wouldn't." He pulled me closer to him. "You're mine." I giggled. I was proud to be his. "Now, would you like to hear my idea?"

"Of course."

"Everything that you've said is perfect. This could be very profitable for Wonderland, although I know you don't need the money, you still need people to work for you. Wonderland would be the best thing that happened to the Underworld. Now, for your two separate groups, I suggest Sasha be the Mistress over your so-called 'Chaotic' group, she's into the whole craving thing. And Janet should be the Mistress for the more 'Monogamous' group, she's more reserved. It keeps everything in order. Everything will happen at different times, the Monogamous group will most likely be up during the day and working, the Chaotic group will be up at night. It keeps them separate, and you won't have to worry about them stealing Monogamous girls and men." I just grinned at Zebastian.

"You're so brilliant."

"Aren't you the flatterer." He chuckled and kissed my hair. "I'll have Eryx relay the information to Sasha and Janet so they can take the surveys and get the women out before demolition. It shouldn't take too long for the reconstruction of Wonderland, although, by you being my wife and the Lady, you can take up more land than Adonis. Therefore, you can have more rooms for other things. Then maybe later on, we can have a Wonderland for Immortal women." I raised my brow.

"Human men fucking Immortal women?" I asked.

"Sweetheart, they'd love it. Besides, why should we leave the Immortal women out? Sometimes Immortal men don't live up to their satisfaction. Perhaps, I could run that facility with Beaumont." I narrowed my eyes.

"Now, now, the last thing I'd want is for a Immortal girl jumping your bones."

"She'd have to catch me first." He winked. "Mull it over. We're trying to make the Underworld a better place. Not only for men, but women."

"Are you striving for equality among sex?"

"No." He said sharply. "Men will always be superior, it's just that women love sex too."

"I'm glad you took their feelings into consideration. I'm sure they'd gladly go to Wonderland."

"Good. Then we'll create a facility for the Immortal women as well." He grinned.

"If one woman-ONE tries to attack you, I'm shutting it down."

"Oh, that works both ways, baby." He chuckled and squeezed my hand.

This was going to work. All of it. Our marriage, our kids, Wonderland... all of it..