Chapter 3: Premonition

Chapter Three

{~Zebastian~}

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair. How am I going to go about this? I mean, I can't just lay everything on the table and expect her to be okay with it. After all, I could kill her from my lack of control. The problem is, I want her so bad that I won't stop at anything until she is mine. 

I walked into the room and instantly felt something off. But instead of calling Vera's name, I sniffed out the room and growled once I knew what was going on. I immediately rushed into the bedroom  to see Xephren with his hands all over Vera. He grinned as he ran his hands up her shirt, making her whimper in response.

"You've got some fucking nerve!" I spat out, feeling myself tremble. "Let her go." 

"Aw, when'd you become so selfish?" Xephren teased and tossed her over to me. I caught her quickly and held her quivering form close to my chest. "What happened to the good old days when we would share? I'd love to share a piece of fine ass like that." 

"Things have changed, Xephren, and you know this. We're not kids anymore," I told him in a rather less-than-amusement tone. "I won't allow you to fuck around with what's mine, so stay the hell away from her or else."

"Or else what? Huh, Zebastian? Tell me what you'll do to me! You've already exile me from my goddamn people!" Xephren yelled. 

"You're unstable," I said calmly. He laughed.

"And you say I have some nerve," he scoffed. "Next time, make sure your slut locks the door behind her, because she leaves a trail," Xephren spat at me, then stormed out of the room. I looked down at Vera who clung to my shirt. 

"Are you okay?" I asked softly.

"I was so scared... I thought he was you and he wasn't," Vera sobbed into my chest. I sighed and stroked her hair, trying to get her to relax. 

"It's okay, it won't happen again. I promise," I swore to her. 

After that incident she remained in my arms for the rest of the night. We watched movies and human shows that she found humorous, but not once did she leave my sight. After the show we had been watching ended, she got up and stretched.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously. She smiled softly.

"To take a shower. I'll be out shortly," She told me before leaving. Minutes later I heard the water start. 

Don't look. Don't look. Don't look. Don't look... 

I found myself gazing up only to see her in the shower. I watched as the water cascaded down her soft skin. She truly was beautiful, even for a typical human being. I cleared my throat and looked away briefly, only to find myself gazing up at her every now and then. I groaned before grabbing a couch pillow and clamping it over my face.

"Stop watching her!" I scolded myself into the pillow, then sighed. I need to find a way to control this, or else, I'm gonna end up sleeping with her before the end of this week. I took a deep breath and watched another episode without creeping on her. It wasn't long before Vera came out of her room in her sheer satin robe and joined me. 

"I guess I'll have to get used to you watching me while I bathe, huh?" she said and looked over at me. I frowned.

"It's not intentional," I said, trying to explain.

"No, it's okay. The girls told me that it's not usual for guys like yourself to hold off on the first night. They're usually straight to the point," Vera said, using a lot of hand gestures. I chuckled at that, it's a cute quality of hers.