Chapter 18: Eyes Wide Open

Chapter Eighteen

{~Vera~}

He slept next to me, it was the first time I had ever seen him with his eyes closed. I found myself stroking his hair, and his face. He looked beautiful, carefree, simply... Angelic. I smiled and looked around. The room was completely dark. Why? I looked back over to Zebastian who was still in a deep sleep. I eased out of his grasp and got up.

As I moved out of the room I felt graceful, invincible, extremely light on my feet. I had walked past a mirror and then walked backwards and stood in front of it. I gasped at how perfect I looked. There was not a flaw in sight.

"How the..." I muttered. Then my stomach rumbled. "Alright, alright, I'm going." I headed to the kitchen and began pulling out foods to cook. After I finished I stopped and looked at the meal I made. "Holy shit. I just cooked."Just then, in walked the guys mindlessly.

"Something smells amazing." They said then looked at me and stopped with wide eyes.

"Oh! You guys might not want to eat that-I'm a terrible cook, I burn water." I warned them. My stomach growled again and I shoved a piece of bacon in my mouth and moaned in delight. "Jesus, I feel like I haven't eaten in months." I began to instantly down all the food I had made and gulped down a nice cup of orange juice then smiled. I felt nice and full. "What?" I asked when I realized they were still frozen.

"V-Vera?" They asked nervously.

"Why are you guys acting brand new?" I asked confused.

"W-where's Zebastian?" They asked still frightened.

"He's sleeping still. I doubt he'll be awake for a while." I warned. "Do you guys think I should wait for him to wake up to make him something to eat or what?" When they didn't say anything I got annoyed. "Look, just because I died doesn't mean you guys need to get all weird on me."

"So you remember everything?" Li asked worried.

"Every single detail." I said. "But I guess it doesn't really matter now, I don't feel the weight of the memory anymore." I shrugged. "I'm going back to bed." I smiled and began to gracefully walk back to the bedroom. When I got in Zebastian was wide awake. I felt my heart race when I saw his beautiful face. He rushed over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh, Vera..." He said into my hair. Any other time it would feel like he was suffocating me.

"You turned me." I said softly. "Why?"

"I don't want to talk about that now, okay?" He said. I nodded. "Why'd you leave?"

"I got hungry." I shrugged. "Are you hungry? I could fix you something."

"What'd you eat?" He asked suspicious.

"A typical breakfast: eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage and orange juice. Why?" He stared amazed.

"No blood or flesh?" He asked.

"Why would I want blood or flesh?" I asked with disgust. "I'm not a Demon, Vampire, or Werewolf."

"You are, actually." Zebastian said with a small chuckle. "You're like me, just... different."

"Mm." I thought that over. "Seems pretty legit. Why is it so dark in here?"

"I had to ensure your transformation would go perfectly, no interruptions. No daylight so you could sleep, I chose a soundproof room so no one could bother us."

"How long were we sleep?"

"I don't know." Zebastian said. "It feels like I had been sleep for forever."