Chapter 11: Disappear

Chapter Eleven

{~Vera~}

Something didn't feel right, nothing felt right since Zebastian told me he was going away for a while. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about Xephren or Adonis because as far as I know they haven't been seen around Wonderland since the incident, which was a relief for me.

I didn't know where Zebastian was going, I just knew I wasn't allowed to go, apparently it was "too dangerous" but then again, life with Zebastian is too dangerous.

"Hey, Vera." Sasha said snapping her fingers in my face. I blinked coming back to reality. Nina giggled and splashed water in my face, I managed a smile and splashed her with water in return.

"What's up?" I asked Sasha.

"You've been out of it all week." Janet said. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I murmured. They obviously weren't convinced.

"Is it Zebastian?" Nina asked quietly. I shook my head.

"It's nothing, really. I'm just thinking." I sighed.

"About the last time you were here?" They said under their breaths.

"No. I've put that out of my mind for the time being. I just kind of miss Earth." I admitted, it may not have been what I was initially thinking about but it was the truth. "I don't miss my life, I miss the life I could've had."

"You can have it here." Sasha smiled politely.

"It's not the same. Wonderland versus Earth? Earth will win every time. Yeah, there are countless vicious people on Earth but there are also compassionate people there too." I argued.

"Vera, do you realize who you've been paired with?" Nina asked. "Lord Zebastian Kallistos. You're practically royalty."

"I don't like the limelight." I said. "The attention, the praise, the-the-all of it! I can't stand it!" The girls just sighed. It was silent for a moment before there was the sound of a throat being cleared from behind me. I hadn't even noticed the spa room had been hushed.

"Ahem. Vera." Sasha whispered to me. I turned around to see Eryx, Odin, Ramsey, and Li looking at me expectantly. I was confused. I got out of the water and the boys just cleared their throats and looked away.

"What's going on?" I asked as I dried myself off.

"Could you get some clothes, Vera?" Eryx asked with a slight groan.

"My robe's in my room." I mumbled. I wrapped a towel around my body. "Perhaps we should go there."

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Vera?" Sasha asked nervously. I nodded.

"These guys are Zebastian's closest friends, they'll keep me safe. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I waved and walked out feeling nervousness creep in my body, along with fear. I quickly walked back to my room with the boys trailing behind me.

As soon as we got in my room I began pacing my hands holding covering my mouth. They were silent, and I just needed to know.

"Is he okay?" I asked my voice cracking. They looked to one another.

"We don't know." Odin finally said.

"Oh my god." I breathed.

"We came here thinking maybe you had some idea." Eryx said.

"It looks like we've reached a dead end." Li mumbled. I sat down before I collapsed and I just stared.

"We need to know when was the last time you had seen him." Ramsey said calmer than everyone else.