Chapter 27: Congratulations

Chapter Twenty-Seven

{~Zebastian~}

"What do you mean she doesn't know?" Sera asked. "How do you know?"

"I can feel it inside of her, she can't. I don't know why or how, I just know that she won't know until it's time." I tried to explain.

"You have to tell her-"

"She'll abort." I said cutting her off. "I want this child. I can't tell her."

"You don't think that if you tell her that you want the kid that she'll keep the kid?" Eryx asked.

"We said we weren't ready to be parents and we really meant it. Lucian can practically take care of himself. We don't know if that will happen with the next child. I don't know how to take care of a kid, you two. I'm scared." I knew what their final answer was: tell Vera. I had made up my decision that I wouldn't. I can't hit her over the head with both the proposal and then her pregnancy. She would definitely abort-maybe I could tell her by her third trimester.

I left and made my way home to my soon to be wife and kid. Surprisingly enough both Vera and Lucian were sleep together in our bedroom. Knowing it was now or never I set the box on her side of the bed. And left.

{~Vera~}

"Mommy! Mommy!" Lucian said jumping up and down. I woke up and stretched.

"What's up, baby?" I asked.

"Daddy bought you a present." He said pointing on my nightstand. I looked over just to see a silver box. I gasped feeling my heart race. I picked it up slowly feeling years well in my eyes. The box was cold and heavy. I opened it and clamped my hand over my mouth. It was a ring. A beautiful ring. It looked like a diamond, but I wasn't quite sure, the wedding band was made out of pure platinum, it was stunning.

"Oh my god." I breathed crying. I took it and slipped it on my finger, it was a perfect fit. I cried happy tears and jumped up. "Zebastian!" I called looking for him, I ran all over the palace till I saw him, I ran and jumped on him wrapping my legs around him. "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes! Yes, I will marry you."

He clutched me tight to his body, he was relieved. How long had he been wanting to ask me that? I smothered him in kisses unable to control my happiness. He wants to marry me. HE WANTS TO FUCKING MARRY ME! Oh. My. God. The engagement party, the bachelor party, WE HAVE TO TELL HIS PARENTS AND IF WE DO THEY'LL SEE LUCIAN AND FREAK. Ohmygod. I jumped off of him letting my panic take over. Zebastian looked worried.

"Second thoughts?" He asked nervously. I shook my head.

"No way, I've been waiting for this moment all my life-er, all my life in Wonderland. I WILL marry you. The thing is... are we having a traditional marriage?" I asked lowly.

"Yes." He said. "I... I... I... I'm going to tell my parents about Lucian. After all, if they get mad at anyone it'll be me."

"No, we're doing this together. He's my fault just as much as yours." I crossed my arms. "I can't let you take the blame."

"Vera, you do realize they haven't seen you since before you turned." Zebastian said. Oh, shit... they sure haven't. "They'll be amazed by you. Then when they see Lucian they'll be amazed by him. Mother will scold me, but father will love him... just like I did." I just stared at him amazed by his calmness, I smiled and fidgeted with my ring.

"How long have you been wanting to propose to me?" I asked unable to contain my happiness. Zebastian let out a heavy breath.

"Uh... for a very long time." He scratched his head as his cheeks turned red. Aww, he was nervous. I found myself wrapping my arms around him and giving him sweet kisses. He truly wants to marry me. I laid my head on his shoulder and stayed. I didn't see a need to move, I was happy here, happy with him, with Lucian. They were my Wonderland. Shit, Wonderland! I quickly pulled away from Zebastian.

"Did Wonderland get destroyed?" I asked nervously. Zebastian shook his head.

"I can't harm Humans, they're protected by their God, Immortals are protected by me." Zebastian said with a slight smile. "So you were right all along." I put my hands on my hips.

"I know I was right, my God works in mysterious ways." I smirked.

"Well, he's not your God anymore." Zebastian grinned.

"And neither are you." I poked his chest. He shrugged.

"I'd rather be your equal anyway." Why was he being so cute to me? "What's up? Wanted to see your friends in Wonderland?"

"Yes, yes I do." I said smiling. "Lucian would also like to go." I said as he came running over to us. He grabbed on to Zebastian's leg and he picked him up.

"You're one adorable kid." Zebastian murmured and held him in the air. "Who would've guessed I'd have a kid a fifteen thousand years old." I choked.

"Fifteen-FIFTEEN THOUSAND YEARS OLD?!" What the hell.

"I told you I was ancient."

"So what, are you actually like a teenager or what?" I asked.

"A young adult. About twenty-seven."

"That's not necessarily young anymore." I murmured. "By that point you've experienced a great deal of the real world."

"Well, here, it's like being a teenager. Yes, I'm older than the majority of the Immortals, but I'm not older than my parents' generation." Zebastian explained. "And there's still a great deal of those oldies around."

"Wow." I said amazed. Fifteen thousand years old.

"We'll head over to my parents in a few given that Lucian's never rode Kalder before. Then we'll go to Wonderland." Zebastian said. "I'm warning you now, it's changed."

"There's also another thing I need to do before we go to Wonderland." I said quickly.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked catching Lucian out the air.

"Do you know a man by the name of Beaumont?" He laughed.

"Everyone knows Beaumont. How do YOU know him?"

"Nina. I'd like to give him to her. I remember she said that's what she wanted if she could be free... now that she doesn't have Adonis holding her captive she can have him." I said. Zebastian scratched his head.

"Beaumont... he... I dunno if that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Beaumont is the ultimate womanizer. You think what was happening in Wonderland was bad, Beaumont has collections of Human women that he seduces. He has more women in his house than Adonis had in Wonderland, both mortal and Immortal." Zebastian explained. "He'd pursue you."

"He could try." I said dryly. "I've never been more attracted to any other man since I've met you."

"Then I'll take you. I'm not sure he'd change over one Human girl, but then again it was after Adonis exiled him when he started his collection." Zebastian said. "I'm warning you, he'll be a flattering asshole, but a great host nonetheless."

"Then let us prepare for our adventure." I said beaming. Oh, poor Nina. Prepare for disappointment.

~

"THIS IS SO FUN!" Lucian screamed as we rode Kalder to his parents palace. I kept a close eye on him, making sure he didn't fly off. That would be depressing. We couldn't kill his excitement and fascination with the ride.

When we landed I grabbed Zebastian's hand and Lucian's. We were beyond nervous, but Lucian was never nervous. We walked in and made our way to where his parents always were. Lucian hid behind my legs waiting for the element of surprise.

"Oh my..." Evangelica and Azrael said in unison.

"Hello, mother and father." Zebastian said politely.

"She's beautiful." Evangelica murmured. "Congratulations, dear." I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you." I blushed a little.

"So, after all the years you've decided to stop in, yes?" Azrael asked Zebastian as he rose to his feet. He came and hugged Zebastian then hugged me, Evangelica did the same.

"We came for a couple reasons." Zebastian said. "I'm not quite sure which order they should go in considering either way you'll be enraged."

"Son, whatever it is, we won't be mad." Evangelica cooed. That's what they all say before they get enraged. Zebastian looked to me and sighed. I looked behind my leg at Lucian giving him the go ahead. He peeked out from behind my leg before standing against it holding me dearly.

"Is that gramma and grampa?" Lucian asked looking up at Zebastian and I. I smiled and nodded. "Why aren't they old?"

"Because we don't grow old here." I said kneeling to his level. Evangelica and Azrael were completely silent. When I looked up, I noticed Azrael was on the verge of tears and Evangelica had covered her mouth. They looked to one another.

"He looks just..." Evangelica choked.

"Zebastian, he's..."

"I know, I was just as surprised as you." Zebastian murmured looking down at Lucian. Lucian broke out of my grasp and ran to Azrael and Evangelica. Azrael was the first to hold him. He caressed his soft cheeks.

"He's so soft, so warm..." Azrael said amazed. Well, at least they don't hate the kid. When Evangelica got to hold him Lucian began to glow, which resulted in Evangelica glowing.

"Oh, dear... he's beautiful." She sniffled.

"He really is something." Zebastian and I said in unison. But after all of the admiration came the scolding.

"How old is he?" Evangelica asked.

"Almost two years old." I said.

"Zebastian!" Evangelica scolded she then turned to Lucian. "Cover your ears, darling."

"Mother, I can explain-"

"You impregnated sweet ole Vera and didn't think to inform us that we would be grandparents till this child was two years old! We don't even know his name!"

"Lucian Aurelian Kallistos." He beamed happily.

"I thought grandma told you to cover your ears." I said with a raised brow. He pouted and covered his ears.

"Mother, Vera didn't know she was pregnant till she had to give birth. Lucian wasn't expected. In fact, I just met the kid half a year ago." Zebastian said. "Vera was locked out of the Underworld, she had to protect him and care for him herself. She couldn't give him away."

"Why would one want give such a child away?" Evangelica said looking down at him. "He's phenomenal."

"He's me." Zebastian said. "Just warmblooded, like Vera."

"He's a bastard child." Azrael said sadly. "He can't take the throne."

"Like hell he can't. He is my son, through and through. Though Vera and I may not have been married when he was born, that doesn't change the fact that we are his parents." Zebastian said slowly becoming angry.

"Which brings us to the second reason why we're here." I said speaking up. I rubbed Zebastian's hand to calm him down. "Zebastian and I are getting married." Evangelica jumped up and down with excitement.

"Thank the Gods!" She said with joyful tears in her eyes.

"Congratulations." Azrael said with a genuine smile.

Thankfully his parents adored Lucian, in fact, they loved him so much they wanted to keep him at their palace while we went away on our honeymoon.

"It's something we could consider." I said honestly.

"Oh, come on, Vera. They'll spoil him." Zebastian said as we began to leave the palace.

"It'll be good for him, don't you think?" I asked.

"He can spend a weekend there." Zebastian saidas we boarded Kalder. "Now, Vera, I really want you to think about this. Do you really want to do this?"

"It's the least I could do for Nina." I muttered. "Yes."