-Ch. 12: Got'cha-

Gotham City
October 10, 10:30pm

•—• Robin's POV •—•

I leaped down from a condo rooftop onto a lower one, but lost my balance. I landed on my arm and rolled, then squeezed my wounded shoulder.

"Come in Robin." I heard Nightwing's voice through the comm.

"I'm here." I said hoarsely.

"You okay?" He asked, worry present in his tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Please tell me you found something? Batgirl?" I asked anxiously.

"Sorry. No sign of her or Kyle." Barbara's voice spoke through the device attached to my ear.

"No luck over here." Dick said.

"Me neither... Call if you find anything. Anything. At. All." I said before disconnecting.

The three of us had been taking shifts in looking around Gotham for Lumina and/or Catwoman for three days. By the fourth day I was so worried I made us all go out and spread through the city to look for her at the same time to see if we had more luck, but boy was I wrong. Bruce had tried impossibly hard to get me to stay in the cave, since my shoulder was horribly hurt after the mission, but not even reinforced steel could tie me down. Even if it meant being the second Team member to lose an arm, I was gonna find Lumina, no matter what it took.

I kept combing South Gotham, limping over rooftops, my eyes bloodshot and my body lacking energy. I decided to take a break and sat down on a ledge, my feet hanging off over an alley. I took a deep breath and looked up at the night sky. I prayed. I hoped. I asked whoever was up there to take care of my sunshine, at least until I found her, because when I did, I'd never leave her side again.

I suddenly heard quiet sobs coming from somewhere. I looked around the canvas of air vents, but I was the only one up here. The sobbing sounded way too near to be from one of the apartments, since there weren't any windows close by. I looked down. Down at the alley below my feet. There was a single flickering lamp post and a shaking figure in the corner.

I leaped down, for once keeping my balance. I recognized her instantly. The red-orange hair and suit gave away easily. She had her knees at her chest, and was softly sobbing into her arms. Her hair was wild and tossed and she was wet from the rain that had poured about half an hour earlier. I ran to her and quickly tried to embrace her in a hug, but a wincing motion from her shivering body made me pull away. It was as if she was scared of me. I hated it.

"Lumina it's me. It's me, Tim." I spoke softly as I slipped off my mask. She hesitantly looked up, and at that moment, I'd never seen anything more frightened than her beautiful lilac eyes. Her sobs quieted down a little. She looked at the ground and shivered. It was a cold night and she was soaked. I clipped off my cape and placed it over her shoulders. "Talk to me, sunshine..."

"I remember... I remember everything..." She said just above a whisper. At first I was a little puzzled, but then my heart sunk.

If I'd known this was what would happen when she got her memory back, I would've never wished for it. If I'd known it would affect her like this, I never would've prayed.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Sa- Savannah. Savannah K- Kyle..." She said and gulped as another tear slipped down her face. My stomach flipped.