-Prologue-

Gotham City
August 31, 11:00pm

I stepped out of the dark alley, and into the dim lighting of the Gotham streets. I advanced slowly, becoming extremely aware of my surroundings.

You can never be too careful in this city.

I walked for about three blocks before sneaking into another alleyway. As I walked through it, I pulled up my hood and created my camouflage shield around me, before coming out the other end into an avenue, and soaring off.

I flew around the corner and landed in front of the neighborhood drugstore. I quickly pinned myself to the wall so that no one would bump into me.

Wouldn't want anyone to think they're crazy for crashing into thin air.

I carefully approached the double door and rushed inside.

I started swiping a few things: water bottles, paper towels, bread, fruit. Essentials. I camouflaged them when no one was looking, then grabbed them and stuffed them into my bag.

As I was shielding a container of aspirins, I heard a gasp a few feet behind me. The cashier was probably worried about his products disappearing, I don't know.

Note the sarcasm.

"She's here..." He whispered in a shaky voice. I smirked.

"Oh! So word about me's spread out this far? About damn time..." I mocked loudly as I approached the door. I opened it, making the little bell on top ding. The man's look was filled with horror. I'd learned to like that look.

I let the shield around me fall faintly, making the man's eyes grow wide as my faded figure came into view. I made sure he couldn't see my face. Not only with the camouflaging, I also held my head down and the hoodie helped a lot.

I tipped an imaginary hat at him, before bolting out the door and up to the roof of the building across the street, re-camouflaging in the process so that I wouldn't be caught by the building's cameras.

I sat on the ledge and stared down at the now tiny drugstore. The middle-aged man ran out, his eyes darting in every direction trying to spot me.

I took an opportunity to fly back down, keeping my distance. When I saw him sigh with relief and turn around to go back in, I passed by and laughed my creepy signature cackle, making him snap around trying to find me again, his eyes fuming with rage.

I drifted away with a grin.

I've learned to find some fun in stealing. I live of it after all, so I figured... why not have a few laughs?

Who am I? Who knows... Maybe you should ask the person who made me loose my memory... Or whoever swiped a blade across my side and left me in an alley to die...

I don't have a name.

But I've heard a lot of names people have given me.

My favorite?

'The Unseen'