Chapter 17

Normani's POV

"Allycat!" I ran over to catch her before she collapsed against the ground. "Oh my God!" Tears clouded my vision as I held her against me. "I'm so, so sorry, baby! Please wake up!"

I felt her start to shake in my arms as she came to. "Ally!"

"ManiBear..." she says weakly.

"I'm...so...sorry...baby!" I tell her between the random kisses I place on her face. "Did he hurt you?!"

She nods and squeezed her eyes shut as she ran her fingers across the painful-looking red bruise on her neck. I gasp and immediately start to kiss it lightly, trying my hardest to make the pain go away. Her tears ran down my arm and I started to realize that I wasn't really helping. I pull away and brush her hair out of her face.

"Baby, Baby, I'm taken with the notion..." I sing slowly, knowing that it was one of her favorite songs. "To love you with the sweetest of devotion."

She lifted her head but her caramel colored eyes still looked terrified. "Mani, he almost...h-he almost..."

"I know, baby...I know." I held her closer and my mouth attached to her jaw line, kissing down in a tortuously sluggish pace, around her bruise, to the base of her neck.

"Mani, stop..." I ran my fingertips across her collarbone and smiled into her neck, knowing that she liked it. "Mani..." She buried her head further into me, moaning softly into my shoulder.

"I love you, Allycat." I tell her, raising her head to softly press our lips together.

"I love you more, ManiBear." She says, finally smiling at me. "Thank you for saving me."

"Hey, it wasn't just me! Thank the security guards!" I say, pointing at the two guys that were putting Arin in handcuffs. "John, Barry?" I ask, catching their attention. "How did Arin get here anyways?"

They exchanged a knowing look and then looked back at Ally and I. "I don't really think you want to know, ma'am." John started.

"Why not?" Ally asked, her voice still shaky.

"No really, you don't-"

"It was Lauren."

Ally's POV

"What, Arin?" I asked carefully, hoping I'd heard him wrong.

"Lauren told me that Normani missed me and when I got here, she gave me a bottle of...something and told me it would give me more energy." He answered, slurring his words together.

I licked my lips, wondering why I hadn't noticed it before. "It's alcohol; she made you drunk."

"Oh my God..." Normani breathed. "I can't believe Lauren would do something like that!"

"She...she told me that she would make sure that we couldn't be together but I never...I never thought that..."

"No, Ally, this is not your fault!" Mani tells me, pulling me closer. "I mean, I know Lauren doesn't want us to be together but I don't think this is her fault either."

"Well, we're going to have to figure out who did this later. Right now, let's go back up front," Barry starts, lifting Mani and I back on our feet. "I don't think you'd want everyone surrounding you after what just happened." He adds. I look to the floor and shake my head. I never wanted to think about it again.

A/N: Heyyyy here's #17 haha I may or may not update again today cuz I got some stuffs ta do but at least you're not in suspense this time....OH YEAH I just found out this morning that this story has almost 200 views and that is AWESOME!!! Thanks sooo much to everyone's who's been reading!! I love you guys!!!! Soo yeah comment, vote, and read!!! :-) :-P ;-) O:-)