I'll keep you safe

Your POV

"JESUS CHRIST!" Jack practically screams. My eyes fly up from my salad and land on Jack. He goes from staring wide eyed at me and wide eyes at the giant piece of pizza before him. We were eating at Donnie's pizzeria after spending the day touring the sites of the city. Donnie's was actually pretty famous for their giant pieces of pizza for very low prices. "This thing is big enough to EAT godzilla!" He exclaims, pointing wildly at the pizza. I chuckle in response. "I shoulda got a salad like you" he whined. I giggled and stuck my tongue out teasingly. He giggled along with me.

"Alright, what'd you guys do this time? You two together is just asking for trouble." Mark sighed and joined us with his own slice of giant pizza.

"That's for us to know, and for you to find out." I smirk evilly up at him. Jack goes along with it and laughs evilly... Well, as evil as a precious cinnamon bun can be. Mark laughs and takes a huge bite out of his pizza, grease dripping from his mouth.

"Bleh! Ya filthy animal." I groan at him.

He sticks his tongue out at me, food still on it. I fake gag and Jack laughs. "So I was looking at the map for PAX and were actually all set up together!" Jack beams. "Oh nice! That'll be super fun." I grin.

"So what is the exact setup for it?" Mark asks. "Uh..." Jack pulls out his phone and taps a bit. "Me, (Y/N), and then you." He smiles. "Cool." Marks says.

Mark's been acting odd lately. Almost protective-like. He seemed almost cold towards Jack when it concerned me, and I didn't like it. That's his best friend, he shouldn't be so cold especially if it's about someone as insignificant as me. I looked out the window and noticed the sun was already setting

"Okie-dokie, I think it's about time we head back home, we're gonna need all the rest we can get." I smile at them as I stand up. They join me with a nod of agreement and Mark offers to go and pay.

"Hey... (Y/N)?" Jack looks up at me, scratching the back of his head. "Wassup?" I ask. "I just... I just wanna tell you I..." He sighs in frustration at his loss for words. "I just want to let you know that your a great person and deserve the best." He says, sadly smiling at me.
I'm just about to respond when Mark walks back over.

"You guys ready?" Mark asks, joining us again. I glance back at Jack before turning back to Mark and nodding at him. We say out goodbyes to Jack and begin to head home.

~* TIME SKIP TO HOTEL CUZ IM LAZY*~

I sigh and furrow my eyebrows. Mark is in the shower and I'm sitting on my bed and trying to think about what on Earth Jack was talking about. I wish I could talk to him about it. Oh yeaaaah! I forgot! He gave me his number while we we were looking around! I pull my phone out of my pocket and shoot him a message, to which he almost immediately replied.

Y/N:
Hey :) how're you? You seemed a bit off earlier

J:
Hey and alright, I'm so sorry if I was a bit awkward earlier...

Y/n:
Do you wanna talk about it? It might make you feel better :)

J:
It's just... I used to be friends with this girl back in middle and high school and she looked and acted exactly like you. Always giggly and happy and she always made everyone's day. Well, one day, in my senior year of high school, she got into a car wreck and died on impact. I immediately broke down when I found out. She was like the little sister I never had and she was taken from me. Her death was part of the reason I slip into depression and wouldn't do anything.

Y/N:
Oh my god Jack I'm so sorry

J:
It's alright, you just remind me a lot of her. I'll be fine :)

Y/N:
You know I'm always here right? I don't mind if you think of me as a sister because you remind me of my brother. He was super goofy and was constantly yelling. He died a few months ago and I still brake down often. You don't mind if I'd think of you as a brother right?

J:
Of course not, love. :)

Y/N:
Cool :3 well I'm gonna try to get some sleep for tomorrow, night night Jack-a-bro! :) <3

J:
Night, sis-septic eye ^3^

I grin at the conversation for a second before putting my phone on the charger and placing it on the side table by my bed and lay down, drifting off to sleep just as Mark exits the shower.

*~In dream~*

I look around, confused. I'm surrounded by darkness, the only light is coming from the two lamp posts on either side of me. I turn my attention to the ground I'm sitting on, appearing to be a street. When I look back up its raining all around me and I'm still sitting in the middle of the road. Trees surround the side of the bare road.

"Why would you do that, (Y/N)?" The wind whispers to me. I look around frantically searching for the speaker.

"You KNOW how I feel about that." It says.

Disappointment

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean it!" I cry.

Lies

"You failed me. Mom. Dad. Vivian. Jack. Even Mark. Everyone." It sneers.

FAILURE

What did I "not mean"? What could I have done to deserve this? I'm sorry.

I turn around and there the speaker stands. My brother, dressed in a black tuxedo, hands folded behind his back and an ice glare on his face. He looks me over, twists his face in disgust, and turns and leaves, muttering, "just one big insignificant failure."

I gather my knees into my chest and sob for what seems like hours. The sound of an incoming car looms closer. I stay in my same position, tears gone and an emptiness all that's left.

Closer.

Even closer.

I look up just as the car hits me.

~* REALITY *~

I sit up gasping for breath, tears streaming down my face. I heave in and out, gripping my hair like it was my only hold on the real world.

Mark stirs in bed hearing me sobbing and sits up groggily calling my name out. "Hey, what's going on?" He sits up and looks at me confused. Mark realizes I'm crying and immediately opens his arms wide. I sob as I hop out of bed and let him gather me in his arms. He presses me against him with one hand around my back and the other is placed on my cheek, the pad of his thumb stroking my tears away. "What happened, princess? Seeing you like this is making me tear up. Tell me how to chase it away." Marks glossy eyes searched mine, searching for something that would help.

"M-my brother was telling me about how m-much of a dis-disgrace I a-am. Telling me things I already k-know... But j-just hearing it come f-from him H-H-hurts." I sobbed. His eyebrows furrowed as his hand moved from my cheek to my wrists, probably knowing what I said was a sign of self harm. I was to tired and depressed to care. Mark choked as he ran his fingers along my scars. "No...no no no, baby girl, why would you do this? There are SO many people who love you. Y-you can't do this to yourself or them... Or me." He said, gathering me closer to him. "Please stop, baby. A beautiful, precious princess like you shouldn't hurt this much."

"Make it go away, Mark."

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

And with those calming words I drifted off to sleep in Mark's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Howdy there people! Sorry for the ridiculously slow updates but we are finally back in session! I love writing this chapter, LIKE AHHH! Jackseptic-bro action and Mark being... Well Mark is just like OH MAH GAWD. Anyway next chapter should come WAY sooner than this one so, yeah, later guys!