f o u r t e e n

The little boy walked slowly over to the playhouse and climbed up the stairs hesitantly. He placed his foot on the top stair and jumped high in the air. He waved at his mother who was sitting on the bench next to the big tree. "Hi eomma! Do you see me over here!? Look!!" The mother of two chuckled and pushed her bangs to the side. "I see you sweetie! Be careful!" The little boy laughed and climbed higher up the playground set. He went to the top slide and saw Hoseok, the playground bully, leaning against the slide and he smirked. "Hey there, kiddo. Wanna have some fun today?" The boy shook his head and with wide eyes said, "N-no, Hoseok. Please! I'll leave you alone!" He covered his face with his hands as the older kid advanced on him. "Too late."

The little boy sniffed and tried to protect himself from the hit. His mother probably couldn't see him up here. There was no one to protect him. He braced for the impact but it never came. He opened his eyes and looked around. Hoseok was no where in sight but what he did see was a boy with light brown hair and a warm smile standing infront of him. He looked up at his Savior who smiled. "Hey, are you okay?" He smiled and looked at the boy with worry. He stared at the angel in front of him and he heard the taller boy laugh. "Cute." The boy ruffled his hair and he blushed. "What's your name?" The shorter boy blinked and looked down at his feet. "My name is Ju-Jungkook."

"Cool. My name is Taehyung. Nice too meet you!"

Jungkook looked around. "Where's Hoseok?" Taehyung snorted. "Oh. You mean that bully with the horse face? Ha. Don't worry. I dealt with him." Taehyung pointed to the bottom of the slide and he saw Hoseok laying on the floor. Jungkook's eyes widened. "Oh no! You pushed him!" Taehyung nodded. "Yea. He deserved it! He was picking on an innocent! I wasn't just gonna stand by and let it happen." Jungkook's lip quivered and he started breathing heavily. "No no no no"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with confusion. "What's wrong?"

"Hoseok will kill me after you leave! No no! Or he might even kill you!!"

Taehyung laughed. "That piece of trash won't do anything. He's a coward." But Jungkook ignored him as he started crying. Taehyung's face turned pale as he looked at the younger boy. "No! Don't cry!" Jungkook sobbed. "I will protect you, Jungkook! It's okay!" The younger looked up at the older as tears rolled down his fluffy cheeks. "Really?"

"Yes. I will. Stop crying please. You're too cute to be crying."

Jungkook sniffed and wiped his cheek. "Wanna come over to my house?" Jungkook fiddled with the bottom of his shirt. "I don't know.......my mom doesn't usually let me go anywhere." Taehyung smiled and grabbed his hand. "Leave that to me." He guided Jungkook down the stairs. "Where's your mom?" Jungkook pointed. "There. Under the tree." Taehyung let go of his hand and approached Mrs. Jeon.

"Hello, Mrs. Jeon. I'm Jungkook's friend." He bowed. "I was wondering if you would let your son come over to my house. We will have much fun."

Mrs. Jeon looked at Taehyung. "I don't know...." Taehyung gasped. "Wow! Is that handbag designer?" Mrs. Jeon looked down at her bag and laughed. "No. I just got it from the mall, actually."

"Really? Maybe it looked expensive next to a lovely woman like you."

Jungkook's mother, taken by Taehyung's charisma, blushed and pushed her bangs to the side. "Why thanks young man. What a gentleman!" Taehyung winked at Jungkook secretly, who was looking at his mother in amazement. "You can go to Taehyung's house. Just for an hour or two though!" She stood up and talked with Taehyung's mother who had came over to the bench. Taehyung thanked her and Jungkook had his jaw hanging open in astonishment. "How? What? How did you?!"