Chapter 11

^^^^^Katherine Parker ^^^^^

Clarity Parker

"What the hell?" I shouted at Barry. His eyes flashed red, making me step back. The fact that he had just punched me in the face had me shocked, but to find out he was whammied? That was an even bigger surprise.

"Why are you shocked, Clarity? He's reckless when it comes to catching criminals," Oliver told me softly as we sat with our drinks inside C.C. Jitters. I shrugged, cupping my hands around the mug.

"And we know that it was expected," Kat chimed in before sipping her coffee. I rolled my eyes at my cousin. "You, however, don't just rush in," she added. I smirked.

"That's because I had an amazing trainer," I replied, looking to Oliver. He smiled a bit.

"Thank you, Claritina." I cringed, making Kat chuckle.

"Alright, Katherine," I said. She frowned. We both hate our full names, except Oliver and Kat were the only ones who knew mine. Claritina. I shuddered at the thought. "What possessed my mother to name me that?" I muttered with a shake of my head before sipping my hot chocolate. Oliver chuckled.

"Your name is close to Kat's mother's, though. Claire Parker. Kind of reminds me of Spiderman." Kat and I both glared at him. He shrugged. "What? I'm sure someone has made that reference." Katherine and I exchanged glances.

"No," we chorused, "never." We grinned at each other and Oliver shook his head.

"I swear you two are twins," he mumbled. I saw Kat glare at him, but I shook it off. "Anyways, Barry was whammied because he doesn't study his surroundings. He has the time to do it. You do, and you study your surroundings. So why doesn't he?" Oliver asked. Kat and I both laughed.

"Barry is smart, yes," Kat began.

"But he likes to rush," I continued.

"Especially because he has his superspeed now."

"Which makes it even worse," I finished. Oliver shook his head at us.

"You two are so weird," Felicity muttered. Kat and I high fived before we went back to the topic.

"Plus I had an amazing trainer," I added. Oliver grinned cockily.

"So what you're saying is that it's just his personality?" Felicity questioned. I nodded.

A Few Months Later...

"...Right?" I shook my head and looked up, snapping out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked. I looked at Cisco, who was now frowning.

"Dickhead," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in thought.

"Hartley Rathaway?" I confirmed. He nodded. I scowled. "I can't believe he 'dated' me when he was really gay." Barry spit his coffee back in the mug while he was laughing. I gasped. "Not funny! It was wrong and it broke my heart!" I exclaimed. Caitlin walked in the Cortex, smirking.

"I still can't believe you dated him before you even found out he was gay. He was a dick to everyone and you know it," she told me. I groaned and rolled my eyes. "But the way you found out definitely broke your heart," she added. I nodded in agreement before taking a sip of my water. I cringed when I realized I picked up Barry's mug and drank coffee. Apparently the face I made was hilarious because they all started laughing.

"Dick. You put that there," I grumbled, slapping his arm. He rubbed his arm where I had hit him but continued to chuckle.

"So how did you find out he was gay?" Cisco asked. I narrowed my gaze at him.