Chapter 5

Clarity Parker

I stumbled into S.T.A.R. Labs, clutching my leg. "Clarity!" Cisco yelled. Caitlin spun around, her eyes wide. My hand was covered in my blood from clutching my leg. Cisco helped me to the hospital bed that was already out. Barry must've gotten hurt or something.

"What happened?" Caitlin questioned as she tried to patch me up. Tears threatened to fall from the pain, but I bit them back.

"A man. He pulled out a gun and shot me. I went to speed away but the bullet still got my thigh," I whispered, barely finding my voice.

I woke up to someone clutching my hand. My eyes fluttered open and I instantly regretted it. The light was so fucking bright. What the hell? I turned my head and saw Barry holding my hand. Barry! "Clar?" he asked groggily, lifting his head up. I sat up quickly, ignoring the searing pain in my leg. "Woah. Careful, Clarity," he warned, placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked around the room. I was in my apartment in my room.

"What happened?" I whispered. My mind was foggy, and I couldn't remember much. Barry shrugged.

"Caitlin just told me that someone shot you at a nearby break in," he replied softly. I breathed a sigh of relief as everything came back to me. Caitlin lied for me. "You alright?" I nodded. I hate that I have to lie to him. "You wouldn't keep anything from me, would you, Clar?" he asked.

"No," I lied, "never would I ever keep something from you, Barry. We're best friends, remember?" He smiled and nodded, taking my hand in his.

"Of course. Yeah. Best friends don't lie to each other," he said. I sighed.

"So why doesn't Iris know then?" He looked at me in confusion. "About you loving her," I clarified. He shook his head.

"She's with Eddie," he muttered. My eyes widened. Iris is with Eddie Thawne? Poor Barry. Yay for me, but poor Barry.

"Oh," I said, pretending to be sad. I nodded again. Barry and I seem to do a lot of that. Nodding and shaking our heads I mean. And it's not awkward. It's just something I've always done. My phone buzzed but I ignored it, wanting to spend time with my best friend.

"So what do you want to do?" Barry asked suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I shrugged.

"Well, with your speed we could go anywhere in the country. Also I, uh, kind of left my dog back in Florida with my neighbor. I need to get him back." Barry's eyes widened.

"You forgot your dog?" he shouted. I laughed and nodded. Barry picked me up bridal style and sped out. I buried my face in his chest, my eyes getting watery from the wind. When he stopped I looked up and saw my house. "This isn't a house, Clarity, it's a mansion," Barry deadpanned. I nodded in agreement.

"I know. I was very successful here in Parkland. I was a forensic scientist for BSO. Some of the people were nice. Others were not," I explained as I unlocked the front door and stepped in. I heard barking and the dog's paws slapping the marble tile. The small black Labrador jumped into my arms and licked my face. "Hi, B-" I stopped myself. The dog was named after Barry.

"What's his name?" Barry questioned, petting Barry's head. Should I tell him? Barry looked at the dog tag on the collar and laughed. "You named your dog after me?" I rolled my eyes.

"I forgot about you, stupid," I lied. I named him Barry because he was my eight. I'm talking about the dog. Yes, I love Barry. But he's older than me, therefore it was impossible to name him Barry. Barry nodded with an amused smile.

"Mhm. Sure," he responded, dragging out the last word. I felt my cheeks heat up before Barry picked me up bridal style and I clutched Barry Dog tighter. Barry sped off.

He dropped me to the ground and I landed swiftly on my feet. I let my grip on Barry Dog loosen a little. A girl was leaning against the wall next to my apartment door. She looked up from her phone when she saw me. She stood up. "Are you Clarity Parker?" I nodded, not even thinking if she saw Barry use his speed. "My name is Holly. Holly Parker. I believe I'm your sister."