Chapter 1

Oh my gosh! It's finally happening! The rewrite is being posted! So it was put into my Work 11/10/15 at 9:56PM Eastern Time but it's being posted whenever. So it's probably a few months from when I'm writing this. Or a lot longer. It's already season 2 of The Flash and we're a few episodes in. Enough of the date and time rambling, this is a rewrite. Not everything will be the same. For example, some of the people who portrayed certain characters will be different. Some of the character names will be different. Never fear, the original will still he here. Now, onto IN A FLASH!

Barry Allen

"Barry, this is your job," Joe said as we walked to my lab. I stared at him in shock, mouth open.

"But-" He shook his head. "Joe-"

"No. You ran around the city now you have to get Iris to stop writing about The Streak. Now let's go and meet your new partner. I heard she's quite the girl." He wiggled his eyebrows at me, making me slap him. He chuckled and walked in. I saw blonde hair. She was looking at the table with files on it. Picking one up, she opened it up.

"Courtney White," she muttered before setting it back down. Joe and I exchanged glances. Those were all unsolved cases. She opened up another one. "Summer Parks." I cleared my throat, making her drop the file and jump. She knocked over my white S.T.A.R. Labs coffee mug. I frowned. That was my second favorite mug. Her green eyes widened and I noticed the purple streak turning pink in her hair. "I am so sorry!" Her hands were covering her mouth and her face was bright red. Joe chuckled and nudged my arm before walking out. I rolled my eyes and put on a smile, clapping my hands together.

"Barry Allen," I said, holding out my hand for her to shake. She shook it, studying me.

"Clarity Parker. I guess you're my partner. I transferred over from Florida. It got too hot and boring over there," she told me with a shrug. I nodded. She seems familiar. Her eyes widened. "Wait. Did you say your name was Barry Allen?" I nodded. She grinned and squealed.

"Does that mean something to you?" I asked. She nodded.

"I'm Clarity Parker." I nodded.

"I know," I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. She rolled her eyes.

"Katherine Parker. Iris West. We were all friends," she said, dragging it out. My eyes widened and I grinned.

"Yes! Clarity! Oh my gosh it's been so long! How have you been?" I questioned, throwing my arms around her. She laughed and pulled away, pushing a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. She shrugged.

"I've been...managing. What about you? Oh my gosh. I can't believe you're a forensic scientist. You always did love science. And Iris. You always loved her. How's that going actually?" she rambled. I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You know about me liking Iris?" She nodded.

"It's obvious. Everyone besides her must know. Have you told her yet? Asked her out yet?" She seemed so ecstatic about it. Like she shipped us or something.

"No. She's, um, she's dating Eddie Thawne. Have you met him yet?" She cringed and nodded.

"Detective Pretty Boy. That's what I call him. I mean sure, he is kinda hot. But blonde? Not my type." I raised an eyebrow, staring at her hair. She laughed. "Besides me." I nodded. Wait.

"Detective Pretty Boy? That's what Joe used to call him before he became his partner. Are you a mind reader or a stalker?" I asked jokingly. She laughed again very awkwardly.

"Neither. Well...yeah. Neither."

"Allen, let's go!" Eddie shouted, poking his head in the room before running off. I gestured for Clarity to follow me and she did, grabbing her leather jacket in the process.

We arrived at the crime scene. The body was a female with a bullet in the head. Clarity and I knelt on both sides of her. She studied the woman's forehead before glancing at the railing of the bridge. Standing up, she didn't take her eyes off of the railing. She traced her finger along a scratch. "Suicide," she whispered.

"Huh?" I asked. Joe walked over to us with a curious look. Clarity grinned.

"It was a suicide!" she exclaimed. Everyone stared at her weirdly. She cleared her throat. "It was a suicide. There was a weight attached to the gun, hanging over the railing. After shooting herself the gun fell in the water. These scratch marks are from the wire she used." Captain Singh stared at her in shock.

"Who are you?" he asked. She grinned.

"Clarity Parker. New forensic scientist. I work alongside Barry. I'm a transfer from Florida," she replied. He nodded, still not sure. People stared at her, not believing what she had said. "I majored in physics and a lot more sciency stuff that you probably wouldn't believe me or understand if I told you so I'm just gonna go with sciency stuff." Joe and I chuckled. Captain Singh nodded.

"Uh-huh. Well, Ms. Sciency Stuff, how old are you? Because you certainly don't look old enough to be a cop," he told Clarity. She smirked, making me notice her blood red lipstick.

"23, Sir. I'm 23 years old." 23? I thought she was 25. He nodded and dismissed us. I packed up my stuff and we started walking back to the Precinct. Clarity's phone shrilled and she stopped and answered it. "Hello.....Okay." She hung up and looked to me with an apologetic face. I sighed and nodded.

"Go ahead," I grumbled. She grinned, hugged me, and started running.

Clarity Parker
I waited for Barry outside the Precinct. Our shift ended a few minutes ago. "Hey," he greeted as he walked out. I waved and smiled.

"I was thinking we could go to Jitters," I replied, shoving my hands in my jeans pockets and walking with him. He nodded and shrugged.

"Sure. Let's g-" He was cut off by his phone ringing. "Hello?" Someone was speaking. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying. "Yeah. On my way," he replied, shoving his phone in his pocket. He must've forgotten I was there or something because he took off at lightning speed. My hair whipped around my face and my eyes widened.

"I'm not the only one," I whispered.

I hope you enjoyed chapter one of In a Flash. If you haven't already read the original version of this story and want to, go ahead. I'm warning you, though, it's very poorly written as it was written when I was in seventh grade and now I'm on my way to high school.

This fanfiction will be updated every Sunday.
-Ash