Chapter 10

Clarity Parker

I walked into my apartment, sighing. Barry fucking lied. He said that there was a call. There wasn't one call today. I threw my keys on the table next to the door. Holly wouldn't be out of school for another two hours and Joe had said that he'd call me if they needed anything in the lab. The house was quiet without Barry, and I missed him. I flopped down on the couch, turning on the TV. I wasn't lying when I had told Barry that there was a case Singh didn't want me on. I just wasn't at the Precinct. I was outside of STAR Labs. I flipped to the news, hoping that there was something interesting. And there was.

MIA Jacob Parker Found Dead Outside of Central City Bank

My eyes widened when they showed the picture of Jacob Parker. I haven't seen him since I was 11, so it didn't really affect me. I quickly called Joe. "Clarity?"

"What the hell? Did you tell Singh to keep this from me?" I shouted. He sighed.

"Clarity, I wasn't sure how it'd affect you. You're in a sensitive state since you just put down your dog and-"

"Do I sound like I'm in a sensitive state?" I snapped. "No one has come to ID him, have they?" I asked.

"No."

"I'm going down to the morgue to ID him. He was my brother. Not just some missing college kid," I grumbled before hanging up. I sped out of the apartment, grabbing my keys along the way. Within a minute I was outside of the Central City Morgue.

"Can I help you, Ma'am?" the coroner questioned. I nodded.

"'I hope so. I'm here to ID the body of Jacob Parker. My name is Clarity Parker. His sister." He nodded before leading me back to where they keep the bodies. It's nothing new to me. Barry and I investigate dead bodies almost everyday.

"You got here fast," Joe said. I shot him a glare, making him shut up. The coroner pulled out a drawer, showing a man's body under a white sheet. Joe looked to me as I walked to the right side of the body, staring at the face. I brushed a few stray hairs out of his face.

"What the hell did you do, Jake?" I whispered as I stared at him. His throat was slit. I nodded. "That's him. That's my brother. Jacob Parker," I confirmed. The coroner nodded before grabbing a few papers. I signed them and left, getting a ride from Joe.

"Guess who called me today?" I looked over at the man in the seat next to me. "Barry. He told me that he knows who the Violet Flash is. Guess what he said? Clarity Parker, his best childhood friend." I groaned.

"Fuck," I said, dragging out the word. "How could he-oh." Joe raised an eyebrow before slamming on the breaks and looking at me.

"'Oh'? What is 'Oh' supposed to mean?" he demanded. I smiled sheepishly.

"He had called me asking how it was going at the Precinct earlier and once he hung up I was going back into the Cortex and he must've been hiding because I had my mask down for a minute. Just a minute, I swear! But I looked around and he had to have seen my face. What do we do?" I rambled. Joe shook his head.

"You come clean." My eyes widened.

"What?" I screeched. He winced at the volume of my voice. "No! No way in hell! He'll never forgive me," I told Joe. Joe shrugged.

"He might." I raised an eyebrow. "Your first day on the job. Barry got a call and sped off, forgetting about you and leaving you there. You have a few things to hold against him. Like when you were chasing after him for when you crashed into me." I snickered at the memory, seeing him go flying across the ground.

"So guilt trip?" Joe nodded. I grinned and high fived him. "Ah. You remember me so well, Joe." I got out of the car, shutting the passenger door. "Guilt trip time," I sang before speeding away to STAR Labs where I knew he'd be. Despite the fact of seeing my brother's dead body and finding out that someone knew my identity, I was in a pretty good mood. I was about to guilt trip someone. I had always loved guilt tripping people when they deserved it. I waltzed in the Cortex, smirking.

"Uh-oh. She's smirking," Cisco said. Barry turned around glaring at me. I decided to just get straight to the point.

As I walked towards him I began to list off the things he did and lied about. "Not recognizing me after only 12 years when I look exactly the same, leaving me in the middle of sidewalk after you sped away with no explanation, lying to me, lying to me, lying to me, and not telling me that you knew my identity. I'm sure there's more that I'm not remembering at the moment but please, Barry Allen, list all of the things I have done to you," I said. He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. He opened his mouth to say something and then suddenly his smirk fell.

"Keeping your identity a secret," was the only thing that came out of his mouth. I've always been an honest person, knowing that lying would come back to bite me in the ass. Cisco let out a low whistle.

"Damn, boy. She really does have control over you." Barry glared at him, making me snort. "So, uh, yeah. Barry found out," Cisco said awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

I turned around and started to go to a chair to sit down when Barry said, "You kissed me and never told me your identity." I stopped, my face burning red. I knew that something stupid would come out of my mouth if I tried to find something else that he did, so I just stayed quiet. The room fell silent, Caitlin, Cisco, and Dr. Wells staring at us. I spun around and glared at him.

"You also didn't tell me that my brother was dead!" I shouted. He frowned. "I just had to go ID his body, not knowing who the hell killed him. I hadn't seen him since the night you murdered my parents!" I screamed. My hand flew to my mouth when I realized what I had just said. The thought hadn't crossed Barry's mind until now. I could see it in his facial expression.

"Speedsters from the future murdered my mom and your parents?" he whispered. I guess he had never fully processed it until that moment. I nodded.

"Clarity and I have gone over the possibilities," Dr. Wells said, "and it's highly possible. Maybe there was a feud between you two in the future that caused hatred. Hatred that was strong enough to have you murder her parents," he explained.