37

Rachel and I were both dragged from our cell. Our collars remained on as we were led up a flight of stairs in through a series of hallways. I guessed the collars was Shane's way of mocking me. We approached a set of double doors and pushed inside. Waiting at a ridiculously large oak desk was a very familiar vampire.

Rachel growled and bared her fangs when she inhaled the vanilla scent of Shane. I signed as that delicious smell invaded my nostrils and set off a flame deep inside me.

I locked eyes with Shane and shivered as his pupils dialated with lust.

"For being stuck in a cell you look damn sexy." Shane whispered.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the wetness between my legs.

"So...this is how you treat your beloved? Your so called soul mate? Stick her in a cell and a collar and torture her?" I taunted.

Rachel stepped close to me. Flaunting her dominance.

Shane shifted uncomfortable with the distance between Rachel and I.

"You invaded my territory. Your pretty little girlfriend attacked me. What do you expect?" Shane questioned.

"You only got what you deserved. You egged her on. You wanted this to happen." I argued.

Shane blinked. "You think I wanted this to happen? Do you understand what this means?" He locked eyes with Rachel. "This is a declaration of war. As we speak wolves are assembling. My vampires are preparing. YOU fucked shit up. I didn't wan this war to happen. But now....now we have no choice because someone couldn't control her temper. Thousands will die. The human race is at risk."

Rachel stiffened next to me. She looked at me, a deep sorrow in her eyes. She looked back to Shane. "We might be able to stop the fight...let us go and I can negotiate with my wolves. Reason with them. If I'm save they might understand. I'll own up to my mistake."

Shane shook his head. He looked down at his desk. "I don't want you to have to die." He said looking at me. "I'll let you two go, if within 48 hours your wolves stop assembling we will call a peace treaty. If not...well...I'll fight mercilessly."

Rachel nodded her head. Our meeting was over. And we had 48 hours to stop a war.